5: The Offer

"Make sure Mrs. Nishimura says yes to the offer, she has until five today to decide," Mr. Kim informs Mr. Kwon as he goes through a couple of papers in the living room.

"It seemed like she was having a bigger difficulty choosing because of her son. I've talked to the employees and according to their words, he seems like a nice boy. They've said that Riki, Mrs. Nishimura's son, has always wanted to attend Hanlim High School in Korea so she is probably debating whether or not it is worth leaving everything behind."

Mr. Kim hums, "Hanlim? As in the school, my son attends?"

"That's right, sir."

"Perfect, they have been looking for the perfect exchange student recently, call the school and recommend him on my behalf and he'll surely get a full scholarship. Offer this to Mrs. Nishimura, there is no way she will refuse."

"Very well, sir," Mr. Kwon bows, taking his leave to do as told.

~

"I'm going now, mama!" Riki exclaims, grabbing an apple for the walk to the studio as usual. Just as he was about to run out of the kitchen, he is stopped when his mother grabs onto his wrist. He furrows his eyebrows, turning to look at her, "Is something wrong?"

"I have something to talk to you about," she answers in a serious tone, beckoning her son to sit in front of her after she took her own seat.

He takes a look at his phone, "I have to meet Taki before going to the studio."

"You have two hours before practice starts, I have to discuss something with you. Sit down please," she says sternly making Ni-Ki slightly shiver as he hasn't seen his mother like this in a long time. The last time was when they had a talk on what he wanted to take on as a career path.

He takes a seat, slowly, kind of perplexed, what did his mother have to say?

"So... you know the new owner..." Riki wanted to roll his eyes. He doesn't know the owner but he knows the owners' son. He held back from what he internally thought of doing and instead nods his head slightly. "The new owner gave me the offer of working as the chef back in his home in Korea," she explains with a nervous smile, making eye contact with the younger.

He widens his eyes, screaming "WHAT?!"

"He offered me being a stay-in employee, living in the mansion, and said I could take you as well, of course."

"No!" He exclaims, furrowing his eyebrows, standing up in the process. He would love to go to South Korea, being closer to his dreams but he wasn't ready yet. He was just 15 and he knew he wouldn't be able to leave his friends as well as crew, his second family.

She sighs, holding his shoulder to calm him down, giving him a warm smile, "I just wanted your opinion, Riki. I won't do anything that you don't want me to do."

He calms down and gives her a tight-lipped smile, hugging her, "I'm sorry for snapping... I just don't think that I'm ready to leave Japan.

"I get it."

Just as they were separating from the hug, the door to the kitchen opens, revealing Mr. Kwon who bows at them both with some papers in his hand. "Mrs. Nishimura, I've come to talk to you about the offer and some additions I can offer if you refuse to accept."

The woman glances at her son, giving him a reassuring smile which he returns. She turns to the male, bowing to him, "I'm sorry but I'll have to refuse the offer."

The man raises an eyebrow, "We heard from the other staff that your son, Riki, if I'm not wrong," he begins, glancing at the youngest in the room who gives him a nod. "Wishes to attend Hanlim High School?"

The Nishimuras glance at each other with confused expressions.

"Mr. Kim is closely associated with the school. The board has been contacted and they decided to give Riki a full scholarship in whichever major that he chooses," he finishes off.

Ni-Ki and his mom widen their eyes in shock.

"You shall give us your final decision by five, the time when we will be going back to Korea. If you decide to refuse, then you must forgive me but by Mr. Kim's orders, you will be fired."

"That's bullshit!" Riki bursts out in anger.

"RIKI!" Mrs. Nishimura exclaims bowing to the older male in the room. "I'm sorry for that, we will have our answer later then."

Without another word, Mr. Kwon leaves the two alone.

"I'll pack our bags, be back by five, think everything out carefully, Riki. All I care of is what you think and I won't do anything that you don't want," she explains calmly, caressing his cheeks.

Overwhelmed, all he does is nod with his head down before heading out.

A/N: Short chapter. School has started. Had to wake up at 5:30 am. Pray for me.