Chapter 35: 🧐Mission: Find My Father pt.1🧐

Start from the beginning

Ben was in a pair of gray sweatpants, a white wife beater and blue slides.

"You know, I think this is the first time I've seen you in something…not blue or yellow or preppy

"You know, I think this is the first time I've seen you in something…not blue or yellow or preppy." Nevaeh said, pen tip in her mouth, an action Ben found hot.

Smiling, he let out a chuckle with a shrug of his shoulders.

"I don't really get to be this relaxed daily, but I savor it, especially when it's with you." He said before stretching an arm out to tickle the bottom of her bare feet.

A squeal and fits of giggles left her mouth, before drawing her leg away from Ben's advances.

"If your mom ever met me, do you think she'd like me?" He asked as the two now sat in a position where Nevaeh had her back against Ben's chest, and his arms around her waist. By now, it was clear that the project they were supposed to be working on, could wait a bit seeing how the couple were too comfortable just being with each other.

(A/N: 😪 wonder what that's like... my lonely self wouldn't know😪😂)

"Maybe not at first, simply because she's a bit… protective of me, but once she gets to know you and sees how you treat me? Then, I think she'll like you, or at the very least tolerate you," She said.

"Speaking of parents, I've been wanting to ask, what's it like to have both parents in your life?" She asked, playing with his fingers.

"It's comforting, having both parents to rely on when you need help. I can go to either one when I'm stuck with a problem. What's it like with your mom?" He asked. Nevaeh tilts her head to the side to think.

"It's… interesting, so to speak. She's really helpful and…pushy. I mean, she's made me a better royal and because of her, I know the pros and cons of various herbs and how to use them to my advantage. Come to think of it, besides the whole 'Taking back Andalasia' thing, she's a good role model. She's confident, wise, graceful, powerful, knowledgeable, and… caring. In my weakest moments she knew what to say and do when I felt like-" She paused to let out what sounded like a humorless laugh.

"When I felt like shit." She finished, a frown settling on her face.

"Really? Wow, it's refreshing to hear a villain be… nice. I mean, despite her past, you grew up with a caring mother." Ben said.

He wasn't going to lie to himself and deny that a part of himself wanted to know what exactly happened to her to have ever made her feel that way, but he wasn't going to pry it out of her, of course not, instead he'd wait until she would be ready to tell him herself, and until then he'd continue being the most supportive and loving boyfriend he could be.

"Yeah, and don't get me wrong, I love her, but it's just that I kind of wish I knew the other half of me.You know, since it takes two to make one." She laughed a bit at the end.

Ben smiles, seeing her no longer frowning always seemed to make him happier. He placed a kiss on her neck, smirking when he noticed her squirm slightly, before it was quickly replaced by a concerned look upon realizing what she meant.

"Wait, you don't know who your father is?" He asked, sadly.

"No. She never really mentioned him for unknown reasons. All I know is that he's a king." She said with a shrug.

"Here in Auradon?" Ben asked, earning an uncertain nod from her.

"Not exactly since 12 regions make up Auradon. I get the feeling it might be one of the 10 regions off the Great Wall." She said.

Then, quickly, she jumps to her feet and turns to look at him, her eyes lighting up as a thought comes to her mind; Ben found the action alone to be the most adorable thing he's ever seen as he watched her jump up.

"Is there a way for us to find him, I mean, can you help me find him? I mean, if you have time and aren't doing anything, I don't want to bother you." Nevaeh rushed, excitement shining through her eyes.

"Nevaeh, breath! Just calm down, that's it." Ben said, helping the girl before him calm down once he, too, was up and standing.

"Yes, I would be happy to help you find your father, mi amor." He chuckled before wrapping her in a hug.

A giggle escaped her lips as Ben began to spin her around. Once he placed her back on the ground, Ben looked down at her, his hands still placed on her waist.

"When should we start?" He asked.

"How about tomorrow? After you get done with whatever princely duties that you need to take care of?" She suggested.

"Sounds good to me, ma reine." He said before cupping her face and giving her a deep, passionate kiss.

" He said before cupping her face and giving her a deep, passionate kiss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: Woohoo! That's it everyone. Ch.
36 will be coming soon, hopefully by this Saturday🥰😊. This begins the journey of a life time for Nevaeh and having Ben at her side is a bonus! I'm so excited for you all to meet the rest of her family, especially her father 😏😉)