The Bottom's Going To Drop Out From Under Our Feet

Start from the beginning

"Now, we're the same. See?" Serge says, nudging my arm.

I can't seem to stop myself from bursting into laughter because when I glance back at him, he just looks so proud of what he just did.
It's nice to see him look so confident like that, so I didn't even bother to be pissed at him. Instead, I try to lighten his mood more and take a step on top of the bridge's railing.

He seems shocked at first when he sees what I'm doing since I'm nearly jumping off the edge, but then he smiles at me and follows suit.

I instantly hold his hand, so if we at least fall, we'll be intertwined together while doing so.

I should probably be scared right now since I'm not really keen on heights, but then again, I'm doing this for Serge to let him see how brave he is in my eyes.

He takes my hand willingly and spreads both his arms wide, looking like fucking Rose from Titanic.

It's mesmerizing to look at him, and with the way his hair bends right in the winds, I can't help but just feel captivated by every inch of beauty that he's presenting.

"This is nice," he says, while taking my other hand and moves his body so he's facing me. "What do you think it would feel like if we jump?"

"I mean...realistically speaking, we'll probably die," I answer back.

Serge just steps nearer to the edge, putting his feet inches away from dropping.

I didn't even know how to react; I just instantly place myself behind him and hold his waist so he wouldn't fall.

From anyone who's driving past us, they'll probably think that we're just suicidal. I wouldn't actually blame them if they thought of that, because from the way we're hanging on a thread on this bridge, I'll also probably think we're just tempting our way to facing death.

Serge glances back at me and I couldn't help the simple smile that forms in my lips as he continues to put his hands over mine.

Even though I'd love to stay in this position forever, I couldn't take any more minute of us near the edge, so I just pull him away and jump off back to the ground, still holding his waist.

He didn't complain when I pulled him off but instead, he goes to his bike again and smiles at me, feeling content.

"I'm done now. Let's go," he urges, while placing himself on his bike.

I definitely want to stay for a few minutes more, but it's already getting late and I'm sure my dad will scold me about it, so I just took my bike where I parked it and left the bridge with him.

********************

It was already midnight when me and Serge got home. My mom was there cooking in the kitchen, whereas my dad was busy on his computer in the living room.

"Hi, Mr. Henderson," Serge greets my dad with a smile.

He still wasn't looking up at his laptop though, so we just continue to go to my room.

It took about an hour of chatting and laying in my bed until my mom finally called us for dinner.

We sat in front of a glass-covered table and settle ourselves with some food.

"Where have you boys been?" My dad asks, while getting himself some pasta.

"We went biking" Serge says with a smile.

I didn't bother to reply to his question because I know how awkward it is to start a conversation with my dad.

He just shrugs and examines both me and Serge. It seems like he's trying to say something but couldn't quite grasp the words to use. Finally, he settles by saying, just stay safe and continues to eat his meal.

----------------

A long, eerie five minutes have passed with just us trying to keep quiet and focus on our eating until my dad speaks again.

"So....how long are you staying here, Serge?" he asks, with a casual tone.

I obviously didn't want Serge to answer that, so instead I reply, "Why? I mean, he can stay here all he wants, right?"

My dad didn't seem to mind my response though, since his gaze just purely focused on Serge.

"Uhm.....I don't know yet. I still haven't found a place to stay on, so I hope you don't mind the bother," he says, without looking at my dad.

"It's fine," he says flashing Serge a smile. "Have you tried talking to your mom?" he continues to ask.

"Not yet, but I'll soon get to it."

"Yeah, you definitely should. Because you see....I actually talked to your mom this afternoon and she says that she hadn't seen you since your argument." My dad rants while chewing on his food.

I can't help but stare at him menacingly because I'm sure that Serge doesn't want to talk about it, and the way he stiffens next to me is a great indication why.

He didn't seem to budge though, because he continues to push the topic further more. "Tomorrow could be a great start," my dad tries.

Serge seems like he's not into continuing the chat from hearing his words, so I just decided to change the subject.

"How was work?" I asks my dad, lamely.

He just arches a brow at me from the sudden change, but then he smiles and starts talking about his day, which I'm thankful for because he didn't acknowledge the subject further. Instead, we just finished dinner while listening to him and waiting for my mom to gather the dishes so I could drag Serge into my room.

I truly want to apologize for the way my dad started interrogating him because he can be a douche sometimes and Serge doesn't need to feel pressured by his words. "Are you fine? I'm sorry that my dad said that." I say to him.

He just smiles at me and continues to scratch his nose. "No, it's okay. I mean...I've been thinking of talking with Mom again, so I should probably just go do it."

My mind couldn't help but examine his expression to see if he was actually genuine or not. I just feel guilty since the past few days that I've been with him, he didn't bother to talk about his mom, which I didn't push at all. But with the way he seems fine with the idea of it now, I have no choice but to just help him get through it.

"Are you sure? If you need support, I just come with you." I say with such reassurance.

"Yeah," he sighs. "I'll probably need it. At least it wouldn't be that harsh if you're with me."

I just smile at him and hold his hand as I let my grip drag him into my bed to lie next to me. After a few minutes of resting, I run my fingers through his hair and lull him to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!!!! Sorry guys, I haven't updated my book up until now. I've just been so busy with my schoolwork and I've been too lazy to write these past few weeks. I've also decided to finish the book first, so I'm definitely going to be updating regularly now.

I hope you guys are still interested in Serge and Hogan's story because there's more to come and I wish you enjoy the events that'll soon take place on what I've written. 1k is already a lot, so I couldn't be more happier with all of you who have read it.

There's also going to be smuts in future chapters, so be sure to read the warnings in each one of them first before reading. Thank you again!!! And I'm sorry for the wait. I hope you guys understand💕