Eighteen

Important author's note at the end. Please read. Thanks. Enjoy and please remember to drop a vote and a comment.

"Lady? What's on your mind?" He asked and I looked up. He was wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top. His hair looked windblown and his blue eyes scrutinized me from head to toe, it was sightly chilly in November. I leaned on the balcony and smiled a bit at him.

"Marcus, where's Samson?" I suddenly asked. I haven't seen in him in a while now. I was the only one not allowed to leave the house but the others came around once in a while.

"He's on a mission in Dubai." He didn't reveal more than that and I didn't ask anymore. I didn't want to know and it was probably going to be something I wouldn't like anyway.

"Okay, I pray for his safe return." I whispered and he looked down at me, amused and a bit surprised.

"Shouldn't you wish us all dead?"

"You haven't wronged me in anyway, you both have been nice except the one time he dropped me and I landed on my ass." I scowled playfully at the memory. Marcus laughed as well and I continued, "I don't hate you or him."

"And Christian?"

"I... I don't know how to feel about him, I don't like him but he seems to hate me more than I do him. I was wrong to fool him by getting married to him instead of Felicia and I regret it too. I promise you that I didn't mean for it to end that way."

"You should tell him that."

"I have tried a gazillion times Mac but he doesn't believe me. I don't know what to do." He nudged my shoulder playfully with his and I laughed.

"There, I didn't come here to let you wallow in sadness. You're going to be okay Lady." He consoled and his eyes wrinkled at the corners in a smile.

"Lady," I mused.

"It's actually Pretty Lady but I figured Christian will kill me." He joked and I laughed with him. "Samson has the balls to call you Angel Face in front of him but only to rile him up." I didn't say anything in reply, we just stood there in silence as we enjoyed each other's company.

"Do you want to get married?" I asked out of the blue.

"No." It was a curt and sharp answer.

"Me too, but here I am today." I threw my head back and laughed. Not because it was funny or anything but because I was so tired of everything and I didn't know what to do. It was a bitter laugh and Marcus gave me a worried look. "Life's so shitty right?"

"Hmm." He covered his hand on mine and squeezed. "Everything is going to be fine." He had something to say but he was not saying it.

"How? When?" I need an exact time because I don't know for his long I can keep this up. I was confused and tired as hell. This back and forth and constant humiliation, I could only take so much.

"I don't know, Christian has done bad things to you that I can't even begin to ask you about. But he's not a bad person, he won't hurt anyone unless they deserved it. I'm not saying you deserve to be treated cruelly by him but he hasn't seen the good in you yet. You're an amazing person Camilla. I hope he sees that sooner rather later. He's clouded by his anger and trust me when I tell you he's always angry about something."

"You called me Camilla for the second time in twenty four hours," I noted and he just smiled, shaking his head at my silliness. "And thank you."

"You're like my sister Lady." I went in for a hug. "And I'll always protect you as much as I can, with my life if needed."