"It's about time" Ziggy laughs and Busshead gets inside the car to start the engine.

I park the bike in the yard and join them inside the car. Busshead speeds off .

"Bwoy chopstick deh a him yard now... Dane just link wi and mek wi know" Ziggy says excitingly.

Busshead grin.

I begin to roll my weed. "Eeh" I say.

"Duppy bat a fly tonight" Ziggy is only this talkative when he is dialing or killing.

About 4 minutes ago after Yanique took the call from her mom , I received a call from Lawrence giving us the heads up fi tek out Chopstick. Wah gwan on the lane last night was the wrong move and chopstick was behind it so the right thing to do is get rid of him.

This war has been getting bigger and more intense as the days go by but it is all about power. Which man can show more dominance in a di area. Mi just a hope all a dis boil down soon.

I light my spliff and take a puff . I need to get high off this ganja. Something just don't feel right tonight.

I take out my gun and double check the barrel. It is fully loaded. Hungry fi blood.

What is this feeling ?, I can't shake it.

Must be the thought of knowing what I'm going home to face after this.

Now more than ever before I want out of this fucking game because I want to be better for Yanique. I want to be the person she sees me for.

But probably it is too late now fi change mi lifestyle fi a woman mi just start deal wid.

Fuck it.

I exhale smoke and shut my eyes for a quick moment.

The car comes to a stop and Ziggy and I get out.

Busshead is still seated around the steering wheel.

The yard is open, no fence nor wall around the perimeter.

What a reckless way to live.

I walk up to the door and kick it in. It immediately swings open , revealing a naked man and woman on the couch.

The girl is on top of him.

Fuck! Mi neva come fi her but wah dem seh? Wrong place at the wrong time.

Chopstick reaches for his gun , the girl starts screaming and hops off of him quickly going towards the back door.

It is all happening in seconds , she or him.

Ziggy answers my unasked question, he opens fire on her and I empty my clip in Chopstick head.

Seconds later two dead bodies left inside the house as we run back to the car and Busshead speeds off.

"Him gal dead too enu" Ziggy rejoices. Busshead rolls down the window and starts firing shots in the air as he drives.

"Wake up !" He shouts. Signaling the community of our enemies that we just killed one of their own.

"At least him get some pussy before him last breath" I join in on the commotion.

Usually I would stay back to get high but I need to see Yanique.

11:50 pm

I pull up into the garage and park the bike. Max runs over to me and smells the blood on my shoes , he licks it notifying me of the stain.

"Good looking out mi boy" I pat his back before taking off the shoes and throwing them aside. I'll burn those tomorrow.

I take off my shirt then walk inside the house.