⌞thirty nine⌝

James Cook senior was a dick

That's the only thing Arabella could tell ever since she had met him. He barely even said hi, just dragged the three teens to the local pub and sat them down at a table whilst announcing things to people who clearly didn't give a single shit about the man as well as talking shit about things Arabella couldn't care about.

"you get one round on account of your lad being here" The bartender brought out four pints. Arabella instantly grabbed one of the pints and downed it, not wanting to be entirely sober being in the vicinity of two James Cook's. Arabella quickly grew fed up with how the older Cook spoke about everything and stood up

"im going for a cigarette" Arabella walked out of the pub and sat at the bench, popping a cigarette in between her lips and lit it. After a couple of minutes, she stomped it out and stood up only then noticing a girl around her age watching her from down the road. Arabella put on a smile and walked over to the girl

"hi" The girl said as Arabella stopped in front of him

"hey" Arabella replied

"what's your name?"

"Arabella, yours?"

"Delilah" The girl responded, Arabella looked at the girl with a smile. She was beautiful, she had short light brown hair and she was very freckly. The girl was shorter than Arabella and had the prettiest smile.

"cute" Arabella grinned "okay its going to sound weird but by any chance do you live near here?" Delilah nodded "okay listen i haven't been home in weeks and i really need a shower, is it possible if i can you know?"

"oh yeah sure" Delilah nodded "follow me"

"thank you" Arabella groaned and followed the girl, she knew the whole 'stranger danger' thing but Arabella cared more about showering than anything at that point in time. Delilah's house was small but pretty, she told Arabella that it was just her and her older sister living there at that point in time.

Arabella took her time in the shower, washing her hair and her body thoroughly. Delilah told her that there was clothes on the counter she could change into once she was done. After her shower, she got out and dried before slipping into the clothes that had been left out.

The outfit wasnt something she was usually wear but it was cute. Low waisted blue jeans and a red top, she then put her damp hair back into two French plaits and headed out the bathroom where Delilah was waiting for her.

The two walked back to where they originally met and Arabella wrote down her number in Delilah's phone. She told Delilah that she wasnt sure when she would be back on her phone but she would reply as soon as possible.

It was a few weeks into summer and yet the weather was breezy and cold. Delilah had bid her goodbyes saying that her house was welcome anytime and that she was going to go take a warm bath. Arabella didn't particularly want to go back inside the pub. She sucked it up and headed inside to be greeted by cheering.