Episode 17: Hate Me Now

As we are wrap up this season, I am still brainstorming how I'll post the prediction chapters next season. While I enjoy giving my predictions, typing character dialogue for every single character became difficult. That's too many people talking. I'm thinking next season I won't post the predictions on here but may use another platform where I can speak them instead. I can talk better than I can write at times. Haha! But on to my predictions for episode 17!

————
REEVALUATING - Spencer and Olivia are forced to acknowledge how much they have changed after some quality time together doesn't go smoothly putting a strain on their relationship. On a road trip to San Diego, Jordan helps Layla to gain the courage to get the closure she needs. Asher turns to Billy for advice after he gets a big opportunity that might cost him more than he bargained for when it comes to his friendships. Meanwhile, Coop and Patience come to an agreement on how to navigate their new situation.
————
I'll start at the end of the synopsis first. It's obvious that there is some jealously going on with Coop and Patience. Coop being jealous of Sabine then leaving with Skye. Patience being jealous of Skye then kissing Sabine. There's a bunch of side eyes being thrown and if Skye will be coming around more, they'll have to navigate their new situation with that. First, I think someone needs to move out of the Baker house. Probably the best way to navigate the situation if I'm being honest. If they are both going to continue living there, then they'll have to figure out the best way to respect each other's space. Maybe their agreement IS someone moving the hell out. Because I don't see how they operate under the same roof with the tension as thick as my natural hair after a summer rain. Which is THICK!

One part of the promo that stood out to me was the portion with Spencer and Asher clearly being at odds. We see that Asher has been asked by Coach Montes to do a field report on Spencer and Spencer didn't seem too happy about that. Now, I'm no Asher fan but I'd assume with him working at being a coach, this is something he has to do. On top of GAU being Coastal's rival. So I am a bit confused where the storyline is going when it comes to Spencer and Asher going at it over this (finally 👀). Spencer plays football and would know this is part of the game. So I'm assuming there's more to this. Or this is just a case of the circumstances making a small situation more complicated than it needs to be. One things for sure. College rivals living together under one roof is not a good idea. They would have eventually clashed anyway. So I'm assuming that Asher goes to Billy about this issue and Billy will simply tell him, "Follow your instincts." I mean, he gives that advice to everyone at this point. Why change the script?

When it comes to Jordan and Layla, it's obvious he's helping her get the closure she needs from this Carrie situation. Not sure if we will see Carrie or if they'll simply allude to her seeing her and getting that closure. But it's no secret that they are playing on this whole emotional cheating thing and I can see things getting awkward at some point in this trip. I do know that closing this Carrie chapter is important for Layla to move on. And the audience to move on as well. That girl bet not pop up again after this. I hope she continues getting the help she needs away from Los Angeles. Hopefully this trip doesn't cause more trauma.

Now when this synopsis first came out, I read it but I didn't truly READ it. So my mind saw that changes are what causes the strain in Spencer and Olivia's relationship. That's not what the synopsis says and this is why reading comprehension is important. So I am assuming that Spencer and Olivia are trying to spend quality time together and things don't go smoothly. Maybe Spencer is busy working on his brand deals while Olivia is still working at this Wade article. We know quality time is both of their love languages so that could be a major problem. Imagine going away to spend time together and both people are busy working? I predict this could start the strain that leads to their conversation about how things have changed. They are maturing and those high school schedules are in the rear-view mirror. I am hoping we get to see this conversation by the end of the episode and dammit, I hope the writers added in an 'I love you'. We haven't gotten a scene with them both saying it. Please let's not end this season without it. Like I stated in one of my oneshots, change isn't always bad, it's how people handle it and adjust. I think that will be the case with Olivia and Spencer. Sidenote: I don't think the cyber attacks from Wade stop and Spencer eventually finds out someone is posting things about Olivia online but just doesn't know who it is.