Interlude I: Outtake

Here's an outtake from the episode 2 chapter. I wanted to end the chapter dramatically so I didn't include this at the end. Lol Enjoy!

"Spencer...Spencer," Olivia jogged after the football player as he took wide steps towards the end of the driveway. He was so into getting out of the Baker house, he wasn't hearing. "Hey! I'll take you home."

"I'm good, I can take the bus," he replied, finally stopping in his tracks when Olivia ran to catch up with him. "You don't want to be in any more trouble. I'm cool, okay? Just go back inside."

"I don't care how much trouble I'm in. Just let me take you home. Please," Olivia asked again, unlocking her car and waiting by the open door. "Get in."

Olivia wasn't going to take another no, so Spencer followed her demand. He wasn't sure if one of the buses back to Crenshaw was even running this late but he didn't care. As long as he was away from Billy Baker.

They didn't say much on the ride back to Crenshaw. Spencer was still fuming and Olivia thought it would be safer to have a discussion once they were safely pulled over in front of Spencer's house.

The street lights flashed inside of the car, highlighting the sharpness of Spencer's jaw. He chewed on the inside of his cheek, thinking back to a simple time when Coach Baker wasn't at his neck.

When Olivia pulled in front of his house, she put the car in park and let her head fall against the head rest. Her happiness was constantly  interrupted. Except this time, her father was the main culprit in trying to sabotage her happiness which hurt the most.

Spencer reached over the armrest land laced his fingers between Olivia's, "I'm not mad at you. Please don't think I am. Your pops though... what he said to you really bothered me."

"All this time for him to be mad at you and he chooses now. I'm sorry," she apologized, her eyes still closed.

"No. Don't apologize for him. None of this is your fault," Spencer squeezed her hand. "I'm not letting your dad ruin this. Not after everything we both went through to get here."

"This stopped being about you training Jordan a long time ago," she noted. "It has to be deeper than that. You know...after he said that the other day, I thought back to all the times he was missing because he was busy doing something football related. It wasn't always mandatory either. I used to cry, thinking he didn't want to be around us anymore. Then when Jordan picked up a football, all of a sudden they got close. But he never tried to get close to me again. No more tea parties or letting me paint his nails. All of that stopped."

Spencer let her vent, getting the feeling that she'd been holding on to that for awhile.

"I don't know if we'll ever be close again. But him putting that on you really made me see that he's aware of what he did and has no interest in fixing it."

"Wish I could tell you it will get better," Spencer finally replied. "I noticed things while I was living with y'all. How you spent most of your time locked in your room, especially during the football season. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you more. And that you had to feel like you were alone."

"Hey, you don't have to apologize for living life," Olivia chuckled. "Besides, we're fine now. Right?" Olivia ran her thumb over Spencer's bottom lip.

"Yeah, we're more than fine."

"I must say seeing you defend me like that kinda turned me on," she pulled her lip between her teeth, repeating the same motion with her thumb on his lip.

"Hmmm, really," Spencer hummed, bending forward to meet Olivia's mouth halfway. He coaxed her lips apart, slowly sliding his tongue in her mouth. "I better get inside before I get in trouble."

"Yeah, your mom is already peeking out the window," Olivia blushed, the heat flowing from her cheeks and sending the butterflies in her stomach into a frenzy.

"Grace James being a ninja as usual. Bet your mom called her," he said, kissing Olivia one more time. "I love you."

"I love you too. Thanks for letting me vent."

"You don't have to thank me for that. You always got me," Spencer winked. "Let me know when you get home."

Olivia watched until Spencer waved at her from the door.