Episode 4: All the Stars

A small percentage, who I'm building with. I want the credit if I'm losing or I'm winning on my momma that's the realest shit. - Kendrick Lamar

"So you and my dad are back on good terms," Jordan asked, tossing his football in the air. They were running through drills in preparation for the All-American game.

"I guess. Honestly haven't talked to him that much. Things still seem awkward but he's coming around. Are ya'll good now," Spencer asked, stretching his quad muscles.

"We're way better than we've been in the past. I don't know... I feel like what happened between you two kinda helped him in a weird way. He's more present if that makes sense," Jordan admitted, frowning as he tried to figure out his wording. "He's even going to visit one of the junior colleges with me and Coach Montes."

"Well I'm glad my sacrifice helped you two out," Spencer joked, slightly rolling his eyes. "Just don't pull that mess again."

"Dude, I apologized," Jordan put a hand over his chest.

Spencer thought back to their conversation at the hospital, "I recall you saying you should be the one to apologize. You never did though."

Jordan watched Spencer cross his arms before he hummed the Jeopardy theme song. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry, Spencer. Happy?"

"You Baker men have an odd way of saying 'I'm sorry'. You're taking steps in the right direction. Good job, J," Spencer added, patting Jordan on the back.

"My sister is rubbing off on you," the quarterback frowned in disgust. "You're both becoming menaces."

"Or maybe that's our way of helping you out," Spencer shrugged in response.

"Maybe wait until you have your own kids instead of parenting me."

Spencer couldn't help but laugh at Jordan's slight irritation with their bossiness when it came to him, "Or maybe stop giving us reasons to parent you. It's all love, J. Promise."

----------

While Jordan and Spencer were out practicing, Olivia and Layla invited Simone over for breakfast. They were trying to spend as much time with Simone as they could fit in before she left for Bringston. Over the last few months, they had grown closer and now that she was leaving, it was getting hard imagining her far away across the country.

"You're lucky you get to actually wear Fall clothes," Layla told Simone as she scrolled through her shopping cart. The preparation for Fall fashions was taking up all Simone's free time as of late. "Oh! That sweater is adorable. You should get them all."

"They have it in like ten colors, Layla," Simone replied.

"My point exactly. Add the others to your cart," Layla suggested, taking Simone's phone and completing the act herself.

"You should have known bringing up fashion would get her going. I agree though. Order that thing in every color," Olivia agreed, instigating the shopping dilemma.

Simone shook her head and pressed checkout, "You two are such a bad influence on me. Off topic, have you two gotten any acceptance letters?"

"Got one from Claremont McKenna, Hampton U, and Spelman. Just applied to UCLA, USC and California State in Sacramento," Olivia explained, sipping her cappuccino. "Keeping my options open like Mrs. Garrison keeps telling us in seminar."

"Damn, Liv. You've really been busy getting those applications out," Simone smiled, hugging her friend's shoulders. "My aunt keeps asking if you're applying to Bringston?"