Chapter 6

Midoriya and Rem had duties to attend to and could not watch the final round. As they made their way back to the DICC they conversed about what had just happened. Izuku was still slightly on edge after the encounter with Todoroki. Rem was as supportive as ever.
"Hey, Izu. Who do you think is going to win the final round?"
"Hmm, I reckon Bakugo has a good chance. If I had to bet on anyone, it'd be him."
"Supporting your childhood friend, huh? That's sweet."
"I guess that could be a part of it, but he's also quite powerf-"
An ominous sight fell upon Izukus eyes.
"Izu, you alrigh-"
Rem followed the gaze of her friend and saw what he was looking at.

The DCC had been trashed.

Walls had been blasted to pieces, numerous trees had been felled, inhabitants lay all over the floor.
Izuku and Rem rushed to help. Once they had tended to the injured animals and cleared up to the best of their ability they decided to report the situation to Aizawa. He told them to keep an eye out for any points of entry or anything suspicious. They had narrowed it down to the people within UA. It was not an outside attack.

With the Sports Festival over, normal lessons resumed. Izuku entered 1A to teach his lesson and noticed one of the students staring intensively at him. She looked familiar.
"Um, Shouta, who is that red haired girl at the back?"
"Oh, that's Ikami Masoto. She's been here since the start of the year. But always acts slightly odd"

After the lesson he was approached by the same girl.
"Izuku Midoriya?"
"Yes, that's me, what can I do for you?"
Izuku was slightly wary of her.
"Oh nothing, I was just checking if you were OK, I heard that someone attacked your department"
"Oh, uh, yeah I'm fine. We weren't in there during the attack"
"I'm glad you are safe" Ikami walked away leaving Izuku to think about what he had just seen.

He returned to the DCC to see Rem fleeing from something. An large rock-like golem came charging after her. Izuku immediately released Asla, who intercepted the golem before it reached Rem and Izuku.
"Rem, what is going on?"
"I don't know Izu. I was doing my usual work and saw someone out of the corner of my eye. When I turned there was no one there but that thing started to form from the ground. I don't know what it is."
The golem knocked Asla aside and charged them once again. It landed a punch onto Rem, sending her flying backwards where she fell to the ground. Balls of stone formed around the golem, ready to fire at Rem. Izuku ran to her and sheltered her with his own body. The projectiles fired at them and hit Izuku in the back, but he held strong. He could not let Rem get hurt any further. Rem glanced up and saw Izuku enduring the barrage of projectiles.
"I..Izu, stop. I don't want you to get hurt for my sake."
"Rem, I won't let you be killed, you mean everything to me, I shall protect you no matter what. I love you Rem. "
"Izu.... I love you too."
As she said this, a projectile hit her in the side, causing her to yell out in pain. Izuku was pissed. He let out an anguish filled shout and crushed a crystal in his palm. A black mist began to surrond him. The mist formed a musketeer hat, one side folded over its top, and a coat over which were large rings serving as shoulder pads, a stylized belt, and a trouser decorated with braces around the ankles. A shadow rapier appeared in his hand. It was Sabre.

Izuku had fused with Sabre.

In a blur of shadows Izuku spun, slicing the projectiles into pieces. He then dashed forward at immense speed, slicing the leg of the stone golem causing it to fall. In a flurry of blows and quick rapier movements, Izuku shattered the golem. He then dashes over to Rem and the shadows faded.
"Rem are you alright?"
"Y...yeah, I'll be fine. What did you just do."
"I don't quite know. More importantly we should report this to the rest of the staff."
Izuku helped Rem to her feet and they started to head towards the door. But before they could get very far, a figure around Izuku's height with crimson red hair stepped into the room. It was Ikami.

"That was quite an impressive display, I did not expect my golem to be defeated so easily."

"Your golem?" Izuku decided to confront her.

"Yes, my golem. My quirk involves magic, the type you'd see in games or anime. That was an earth element golem I produced."

"Rem, can you make sure the animals are safe, this might get messy."

Ikami and Izuku stood facing each other. Rem finished evacuating the residents of the DCC and returned to this tense stand off. Ikami seemed angry but conflicted, as if hesitant to fight Izuku. Izukus eyes were rapidly analysing Ikami. Something seemed strange to him. She looked familiar yet he couldn't think why. The way she spoke was reminiscent of someone. Her facial features, the freckles, the eyes. The roots of her hair seemed strange, as if her red hair was not natural. Before he could think about it further, Ikami spoke.
"It's your fault Zuki."
His fault? What did that mean?
"It's your fault that she's gone."
Izuku snapped his head around to face Rem. She was still there. She couldn't mean...
"What are you on about? What's my fault?"
Come to think of it, only one person had ever called him Zuki.
"Come now Zuki, don't you remember? How could you forget what happened."
It all clicked into place for Izuku. The familiarity, the nickname, everything.
"It is your fault that Mum is dead."
Izuku struggled to believe what he heard.
"And on top of that, you forgot about me , your dear sister."
"Izu... what does she mean?" Rem was concerned.
Izuku was stood in silence. All kinds of sensations hit him at once. His twin sister , who was separated from him by their parents divorce, had returned into his life. And blamed him for the death of their mother.
"I've seen how powerful you are, you could have saved her, Zuki. But you didn't, and now she's dead."
Ikami's words hit him like a truck. And before he could say any to her, she attacked. Ikami outstretched her hand and yelled her incantation. "Constriction!" "Flame rain!"
Izuku found himself bound in place as numerous magic formations appeared and fireballs showered him. The damage he sustained was immense, but she wasn't finished.
"Icicle shotgun!"
Izuku was stabbed in several places by a group of ice shards, causing him to fall to the floor.
"Explosive burst!"
He was flung backwards in a large explosion. He landed and crumpled to the floor.