Chapter 5

The first day of the UA sports festival had begun. The event that Izuku and Rem had devised was not until later that day. The first day was comprised of 3 events. A race, a team based chase and then the round hosted by Izuku and Rem, the team compositions from the previous rounds would be the same for this one. The second and last day was the final event, a 1v1 tournament. This event took a lot longer than the other rounds, so it got a separate day.

The first round commenced. Shoto Todoroki began by coating the floor behind him in a thin layer of ice, freezing the competition to the ground. A cheap tactic, but an effective one. Some students managed to brute force their way out of the ice, others used their quirks tactically to counteract it. By this time, though, Shoto had already taken off running and had gotten quite far. Katsuki Bakugo flew through the air, being propelled by his explosions, and quickly caught up. Closely following Bakugo was Iida. His engine quirk benefiting him greatly. The lessons that Midoriya and Rem gave together on quirk safety and control had taught everyone a lot. Iida could now use a toned done Reciproburst that would produce similar effects with less recoil and engine failure. This is what he utilised in order to catch up to the two race leaders. The racers approached the first obstacle. Some 0 Pointer robots from the entrance exam. The two in front quickly dispatched them. The racers approached the second obstacle. A mine field. Bakugo soared over the mines with his explosions, whilst Shoto Todoroki covered the ground with ice as he ran. Izuku watched the action with a summon. This summon was a large bird that had eyes that Izuku could see through and zoom in with. Quite handy, don't you think? As the racers approached the stadium and consequently the finish of the race, it was clear who was the victor. "AND BAKUGO KATSUKI IS THE WINNER OF THE FIRST ROUND" Present Mic's loud voice projected across the stadium. The audience erupted into cheering and celebration. Through the eyes of his summon, Izuku saw Endeavour glaring at the stage, seemingly ticked off that his son had come second. Izuku immediately grew angry, however Rem was quick to notice this and comfort him. She was not upset at Izukus reaction, in fact she understood completely. She hated seeing him in such a state and so she had taken it upon herself to comfort and be there for him whenever he needed it. They harboured intimate feeling for each other, although in typical fashion, neither knew about the others true feelings.

After a short break in the action, the second round began. The students organised themselves into teams of four, one rider and three "horses", two at the back for mobility and one at the front for defence. The aim was to steal headbands from the other teams and secure the most points by the end. Each headband was worth a different amount of points. One of them was worth an enormous 10 million points. The team that had this band was guaranteed first place. The team that started off with this band was the team that involved the winner of the first round. In this case, Katsuki Bakugos team held the coveted headband. The round begun and the teams started to move. Bakugos team, consisting of himself, Denki Kaminari, Mina Ashido and Eijiro Kirishima, opted for a defensive approach. After all why risk going for other teams points when they had the 10 Million point band, which secured the holder the top spot. For the most part, it worked. The only issue they had was the some pressure from Team Todoroki. The second round ended and there was another short break before the third round, the round devised by Izuku and Rem.

Each team would be assigned to an animal from the DICC that was hand-picked by Izuku and Rem. They would be given 5 minutes to attempt to bring it under control. Safety measures were in place in the form of Izuku and Rem waiting on the side lines to step in. They would also be the ones to subdue the creatures if the teams failed to do so in the alloted time.

First up was Team Shoji. As they faced their task, Izuku and Rem were waiting in the corridor leading to the arena. Shouto Todoroki and his team walked into the hallway. Shouto told his team to stay where they were as he approached Midoriya.
"Tell me Izuku Midoriya, who is your mother?"
The tension in the air grew thicker.
"Izu..." Rem placed her hand upon Izukus shoulder, as if she was trying to comfort him and also prevent him from doing anything foolish.
"It's alright Rem."He immediately reassured her. "Before I answer you, Shouto Todoroki, what is your opinion of your father?"
"He's a filthy dirt bag and not worthy of his spot as the number two hero. He was a terrible father and only raised me as a tool to be the number 1 hero."
"That's good, then." Izuku slightly lessened the steely glare with which he was looking at the son of Endeavour. "Because you may have heard my name before. I am the son of Inko Midoriya, the woman who died in a house fire because your father was careless. Sound familiar. I was forced to live on the streets for over a year, after having just seen my mothers burnt, crushed corpse under the rubble. I had no home, no money and no mother, all because of your father. It is not uncommon for people in my position to become villains. Do consider yourselves lucky that Aizawa found me and took me in and that Rem has been a very good friend else you would have a problem on your hands."
The rest of Todoroki's team took an instinctive step back whilst looking at the two. Their breathing increased and they could no longer look at Midoriya. Tenya Iida was especially remorseful about the way he had treated Midoriya when they first met.
"...I see." Todoroki also looked downwards at this statement. "I cannot say anything to help you. You probably already suspected this, but he didn't even regret it. When he returned home that day, he was no different. When the news story broke, he simply huffed and changed the TV channel. I am truly sorry"
After he had said his piece, Shoto and his team left the hallway, leaving only Izuku and Rem. Rem embraced Izuku tightly and held him for a little while. He wrapped his arms around her and did the same. Eventually, though, they  needed to perform their duty and prepare the next match of their event. Team Todoroki was next up. They were to face Winston, a Gorilla with a strength enhancement quirk. After them was Team Bakugo, who were to face Ström, an alligator with a metal creation and manipulation quirk.

Once they had all completed the trials it was time for the final round, a 1v1 tournament.