Chapter 4

Denki Kaminari walked to Iida's side.
"See, not so tough after all."

Rem was crouched by Izuku's side and Sabre had been forcefully returned to his crystal. Katsuki Bakugo also ran over to Izuku, ramming into Kaminari as he went. After a few moments, Kaminari was lifted into the air by a coiled black tail and slammed into the floor repeatedly.
"That's enough, Boa."
Izuku's voice rang out, drawing everyone's attention. Izuku had stood back up and now had Rem and Bakugo on either side of him. In a streak of black, Sabre returned to the outside world and restrained Iida.
"Got it out of your system, then. That electricity was rather weak, it would never have caused any significant damage"

1A was left stunned at the display shown by Izuku and his familiars. Until moments ago they had dismissed him as all talk, but now they had witnessed two classmates get blindsided and defeated in an instant.
"Y..you say my blast was weak, but how did it send you backwards that much?" A Kaminari who had just had his ego pummeled into nothingness asked Midoriya this attempted gotcha question.

"That was the work of one of my summons, Tama" answered Midoriya with the tone of a gentle person answering a question from a curious reporter, "Tama is a vortex of air that surrounds me like a suit of armour. It can redirect attacks, blast away opponents and even move me around, that is what it did then."

"Now, now Izuku, you've shown off enough" Aizawa finally decided to step in. "Take this as a lesson, class, that you can never judge a book by it's cover"

After a little while, 1A returned to their classroom, leaving Rem and Izuku to themselves.

"That was a nice little speech you gave" Rem teased. "Thank you for sticking up for me"

"Anytime, after all, you are the closest thing to a family I have right now." Izuku slightly blushed and looked away whilst saying this. "You don't think I went to far, do you?"

Rem, also blushing from Izuku's words, shook her head and reassured him that he did the only thing he could have done.

They returned to their work caring for the most recent residents of the DICC, a horse with the ability to surround itself with fire. They had named it Valkyrie. And an Ape with arm blades. They had named it Pillar.
There is not much to say about the rest of the day. It passed as any other would and eventually Izuku and Rem headed back to their flat and talked   casually to each other for the rest of the day.

The next morning, they both return to the Department of Involved Creature Care and continue their work.

Izuku's task for part of that day was to teach Class 1A about the topic of quirk safety and the importance of self-regulation and training. The lesson is going well, he uses multiple anecdotes of things he has seen when he and Rem had been sent to bring a new resident to the department. Iida is still a little salty about his recent embarrassment at the hands of Izuku, but he refused to let that get in the way of his learning. Katsuki Bakugo was also paying a lot of attention to what his old friend was saying, After all, Katsukis quirk was especially destructive. Shoto Todoroki was only half paying attention. He was busy trying to remember where he had heard the name Midoriya before.

Aizawa came to talk to Izuku and Rem after the students had left. He talked to them about the upcoming UA sports festival. He wanted them to help with one of the rounds in the sports festival. He told them that the event would involve teams of students attempting to round up and recapture some of the animals from the department. He wanted Izuku and Rem to oversee the event and insure nothing went wrong. They would provide the animals and also reign them back in after the event finished. Rem accepted Aizawas request. However Izuku was more hesitant.
"Will pro heroes be there?"
"Yes, I believe so Midoriya, why do you ask?" Aizawa was a little confused.
"That means Endeavour to, right?"
"Yes"
"That makes the decision harder then"
"Why would it?"
"You don't know why I was living on the streets, do you?"
"Your home burnt down and your mother was killed"
"That is missing one key detail. The cause of the fire was Endeavour"
Aizawa fell silent.
"What makes it worse is that he never acknowledged it, let alone apologised. He probably doesn't even remember me or my mother. He may not even remember the chase he was participating in."
This left Aizawa in a state of stunned sympathy. He could think of no words to say to Midoriya.
"Although, I shouldn't hinder the experience based on my own turmoil. Besides I wouldn't want to let you down, Rem"
Midoriya agreed to help out as well, if only for the sake of Rem.

With that settled, preparations began for the Sports Festival. For Izuku and Rem, this involved selecting a variety of suitable animals for the event. Then they needed to devise the specifics of the round. They had Nezus help for that part.

The day of the Sports Festival was upon them at last.