another cliff hanger... literally :3

---Magnus's POV---

"Woah... what WAS that?!" I had just passed through some kind of... I don't even know. It was thicker than air, and colder... I don't know, man. "ALEX?" I called.
"Magnus, how nice to FINALLY meet you." I turned around. The forest was nothing like before. It was so much more... empty. Plus, there was a woman wearing a wolf hat, radiating cold.
She was gods dam BEAUTIFUL. Not as beautiful as Alex, but still. If you were comparing her to literally anyone else in the worlds.
"Uhm. Hi? Do I know you?" I asked.
"You should, Son of Fray. I'm Skaði, goddess of winter. And I've been watching you."
"Okay... not creepy at all." And just when I thought things couldn't get any weirder, her eyes turned milky white, and she started hovering.
Yeah, yeah. I know what you're thinking. "Weird word choice, Magnus... do you mean she's looking over your shoulder? I'm so confused..." No. She started HOVERING. Like levitating.
And then she told me a prophecy. But this prophecy wasn't told near close to the way Rachel, Ella, or Octavian say them. She spoke with symbols. They were too crazy to explain, but I got the jist.
4 halfbloods were supposed to travel along some crazy winter terrain and retrieve this random goddess's custom snow cone machine. I've never even heard of Skaði! Hey, reminds me of the time me and a few others had to find Thor's TV... uh, I mean hamme- uh. Ham! Yeah, Ham. Otis would be proud.
Anyways, two needed to be dead. So me and Alex. The other two need to be Greek... I had a feeling Nico and Will were the demigods she had in mind.
"Good luck, demigod. You have 8 days. Oh, and your little boyfriend is just beyond that tree." Skaði disappeared in a flurry of snow.
And I ran. Again.
And saw him.
"ALEX!" I screamed. He was on the edge of a cliff, hanging on by one hand. I couldn't see the bottom.