XXII

~Old memories

It was a quarter to dusk as Charli walk down the hallway of the old farmhouse, she walk past Phoebe's room. Until she heard muffled voices, they sounded...familiar to her. She walk back to Phoebe's room and knocked on the door before opening it, Phoebe was about to shut off her laptop but when she realized its her grandmother, she lifted it back up.

"Hey, I'm just coming in to say goodnight." Charli said while sitting down on Phoebe's bed, Phoebe nodded with a smile.

"What are you watching?" Charli ask her, Phoebe handed her laptop towards Charli who took it and played the video.

It's her, her sister, and the boys when they're Ghostbusters.

"Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?"

"Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?"

"Have you or any of your family ever seen a spook, specter or ghost?"

"If the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute."

"Pick up your phone and call the professionals."

"Ghostbusters!"

Charli's eyes became teary as she watched the video, "Is that you and Aunt Camila?" Phoebe ask her. Charli look at her nodded before wiping the tears away from her eyes, "Yeah, I forgot all about that commercial."

"Grandma, what was Grandfather like?" Phoebe ask her.

"Well, when I first met him. I though he was...peculiar, but when I get to know him. He's....a lot like me, awkward, shy, quirky." she smiled at that, she then look down at the ground. "I miss him...everyday."

Now Phoebe felt bad to ask that question, "What kind of scientist is Grandpa?" she ask Charli.

Charli stifle a chuckle and stroke Phoebe's forehead, "A special one, one that never gives up on anything."

"And one that tried to drill a hole through his head." Camila chimed in before going to her room, Phoebe look at Charli in confusion. "Did he actually do that?"

Charli chuckled and yes, "Yes, but I manage to stopped him. He was angry at me for a few days." Charli then stand up, "Well, I should get some rest. Don't stay up too late, okay?" Phoebe nodded as Charli give her a kiss on her forehead.

As Charli walk out of Phoebe's room and towards her, as she reach her doorknob, she then felt dread and mist going down her arms as something caressing her hair. She turned around to see.....nothing, There's something here and it's not him Charli thought before going into her room.

~~~

The next morning, Charli and her sister went to Wertheimer's Hardware to but paint and new tools. "I don't understand why can't your daughter buy these things herself?" Camila said while picking up something off the list, Charli rolled her eyes.

"Because she has other plans." Charli replied, Camila rolled her eyes.

"Doing some painting?" a man question the girls who jumped at the sudden voice, they turn to see the owner looking at them. "Yes, we are." Camila replied.

"Whereabouts you staying?" he ask them.

"An old ranch up at 99," Charli replied. "it was my husband's place."

"Dirt Farmer got a wife?" The owner ask.

"You all called him the Dirt Farmer?" Camila ask him.

"Meant nothing by it, man spends every week working a piece of land... but never seeding, never watering, never growing a ding-dang thing." He explained while scanning the items.

"It's curious behavior, great customer though."

"I'm sure he is." Charli said with a smile, the owner chuckled with a smile "He bought some bizarre shit."

"Yeah, that's him."