XX *Revised*

~Life of a single mother

Charli's never been this depressed for a long time, her heart felt like it's been ripped out of her chest. Most nights she's been screaming and wailing, most days she felt like never leaving her bed.

She felt so foolish for falling for Egon.
Maybe she was.

One of those depressing days, she stayed in bed with her baby and Eli in bed with her. She stroke her knuckles on Callie's cheek who's fast asleep, her tears streams down her face and landed onto Callie's cheek. "Your mother really miss your father," she whisper to her baby, Callie open her eyes and look at her mother.

God her eyes are just like her father's, staring at those eyes reminded her of Egon. Charli sniffled and clear her throat and press a kiss on Callie's forehead, and just fell asleep.

There's no way in hell she could do this on her own.

Not without her Egon by her side.

~~~

5 Months later

Charli sat down on the chair with her seven month old daughter on her knee, with a plastic spoon with mashed carrot. The baby turned her head away in disgust, Charli sigh and put the spoon away. "You need to eat Callie, look Zelda eats without a fuss." Charli gestured to the now year old Calico cat eating her food, the cat stopped eating, turns and jumped on the table and starts trilling.

Little Callie squealed and clapped her hands, Zelda let out a purr while she sniffed her face and pointed her snout to the jar of baby food, Charli smiled and picked up the spoon and gave it to Callie who happily take it.

Charli giggled and look at Zelda, "Thank you, Zel." The cat lifted her head high.

~~~

4 years later

Charli slept peacefully in her bed, until someone enter her room she kept her eyes close knowing who it was. Then she felt something crawl next to her, then shook her arm trying to wake her up. "Come on, mom. Time to wake up." a small voice said to her, Charli chuckled and open her hazel eyes to meet her daughter's brown one.

"Alright, alright I'm up." Charli softly said to her, Callie smiled and took her mother's hand and lead her to the living room where the almost five year old Zelda was laying on the couch. While getting coffee, Charli notice a letter on the kitchen counter. "Callie, sweetie. Was this letter here before?" Charli ask her daughter who's playing with Zelda.

Callie nodded, "It was at the front door." She replied.

Charli picked up the letter and examine it, it read 'Summerville'. She ripped open the letter, her eyes widen as she read it.

Dear Charli,

I know, you're angry about me leaving you. But I have to, just to protect you and our daughter. I told your sister about me leaving New York, as you can guess by the address. I moved to Summerville in Oklahoma, I believed that Gozer is coming here.

I'm now staying at a farmhouse in Summerville, Janine would occasionally visit me and helping me out. I know it wasn't fair for me to ask you to help me, but I know you're having a hard time yourself with taking care of our daughter. And I'm sorry for that, but I hope you know that I love you with all of my heart.

I'll try to send you a letter when I'm not busy.

Love,
Egon

P.S. When I first got here in the farmhouse, I found this necklace and it made me think of you. I hope you love it.

Charli's eyes were filled with tears as she read the letter, she then picked up the necklace that was shaped into a heart with a sapphire gem in the center of it. True she was angry at him, but she couldn't stay mad him forever.

She still love him and believe that Gozer will return.

And Clarimon will hunt her down.

A/N: God, I feel bad for Charli.