King of the Pirates

I breathed in. Don't let them guess your next move. I sheathed my sword and looked up at Marco. "I'm headed up!"

"I'll cover you!"

I stretched my arms and grabbed the edges of the opening while Marco gathered around them to keep anyone from attacking. And I rocketed up.

When I got there, I landed and looked around, seeing that I arrived just around the same time as Luffy and Law. "Luffy, are you oka-" Then I paused. I stared down, seeing Izo lied there, almost motionless other than soft breathing. "I..Izo?"

"Y/N..."

I knelt down, lifting him up and placing my hand over his heart, feeling the ever so faint beating through his kimono. My hands began shaking, having the familiar feeling of regret in my chest. 

"Y/N." I felt Law's hand on my shoulder. "I'll treat him. You said you wanted to go to Wano for your boyfriend, right?"

"H-Huh? How did you.."

"You talk in your sleep, you know? Cry in it, too." He lifted his hand and sent them all below to be treated. I ran up to the edge. "Chopper!" I saw him look up and I bowed. "Thank you!!"

I felt tears stinging my eyes. Too much has been lost in this battle. And I wasn't even here for some of it. So now... Luffy was here to end it.

I sighed, seeing the smoke arise and go past my face and feeling that aching but exhilarating feeling of that enhancement of power, with that familiar yet frightening abyss filling my eyes. 

"Hey Linlin, wanna hear what this boy said right to my face?" Kaido asked.

I walked up next to Luffy and we both shared a glance before speeding forward, my eyes set on Big Mom while his eyes were set on Kaido. 

"Gomu-gomu no..."

"Shinka..."

"If Oyaji ever gives you the go-ahead, send me an invitation, Ace."

"Red Roc!!"

"Shiranui!!"

The impact sounded through the land and I landed right next to Luffy once again, blowing my hair out of my face as he placed his infamous straw hat on his head. 

I looked at Luffy, rolling my shoulder back a bit. "Why don't you introduce yourself one more time since he's so insistent?" He looked up, an almost unfamiliar seriousness in his eyes. 

"I am Monkey D. Luffy. And I am the man who will surpass you to be King of the Pirates!"

I remembered the first time he said that. He was only seven, but he was determined. He was just a boy then, but now, he's a man and he's still saying the same thing. 

And, while Ace and Sabo laughed the first time he said it, now.. I doubt anyone can truly find it hysterical. For we all believed that he'd truly become king.

"Little brat! You're still going on about becoming the King of the Pirates?!"

"Well, yeah, who wouldn't? That's like a prince never mentioning that he'll one day be king!" I smiled, although it wasn't as innocently as I normally would. "Besides, you're delusional if you think you'll be Pirate King before Luffy."

Luffy ran forward and jumped. "Thunder... Bagua!"

"Luffy!"

But I saw him move out of the way and land behind Kaido. 

"Very good, boy... You won't let the same one hit you head on twice!"

Wait... twice?! When was the first time?! My heart rate was fast, nervousness, fear, and anger coursing through my veins. And on top of that, Luffy's already been beaten?