Living Life

"You seems like you're in a good mood." Marco said.

I put my bag down and smiled. "Yeah, I am. Also, I got something for you." I pulled out a book and put it on the coffee table in front of him.

Constellations

"What's this?" He picked up the book and examined the cover. I sighed and pointed at the page I marked with a scrap of paper. "Go to that page."

He opened it and his expression immediately changed.

I grinned at him as a shadow loomed over his eyes. "D-Do you like it?" I asked, stifling a giggle. He looked at me, then the book, then back at me. "Really? That was necessary?"

"Very much so. Also, Luffy saved some kids at Punk Hazard with Tra-chan last month. Look at the paper I used as a bookmark."

He picked it up and his expression changed once more. "Really? But it says Smoker and Tashigi in the paper."

"The kids are staying with Smokey and Tashigi. But I know that Luffy was the one who helped." I looked at a small pile of newspapers I kept next to my bed. "It's a bit like a sixth sense."

An odd question came into my brain and I leaned on the wall. "Marco... what is something that you miss from before... everything? Not someone, but something."

He lowered his mug of (probably) coffee from his lips and placed it on the table with a distinct clink mixed with a thud. "Something I miss? That's a pretty good question." After a long pause, he said, "Probably the Moby Dick. There was a lot of memories on that ship. I remember your favourite spot was on top of the Moby Dick's figurehead."

Marco glanced at me, curiosity in his eyes. "What about you?"

I hummed, my arms crossing in thought. "There's a lot of things I miss. I miss when you guys would have little arguments on which division I'd be vice-commanding, and how you guys would always ask me to hum at night to relax you, and when the slightest sound from my room would make hundreds of you gather at my bedroom door."

What is it that I miss the most?

"But the thing that I miss the most is probably when it was in the middle of the day. No one would ever be on missions because they loved Thatch's food more than any other. Everyone would be gathered on deck, singing songs and laughing without a care in the world. We could look so incredibly foolish, but no one cared."

Marco gave me a solemn smile and looked away. "Yeah... I miss that too."

I sat down next to him and swung my legs on the chair. "I'm almost tall enough to reach the floor!"

"Almost there, Y/N."

"It's not my fault you're 6'8! We had to get really big chairs for you to be comfortable." I sighed. "And they were expensive, too."

"Admit it, you liked going to the mall again."

"You know me well."

I looked down at the floorboards and stretched my legs so my feet touched the ground, lifting my hand to make my shadow go over Marco's. "You know, Marco... I forgot to say this, but the crew says hello."

He laughed and put his hand on my shoulder. "Well, do you think they know that I say the same?"

"I think so." I looked at the floor boards again and saw the way the sun was positioned on the ground. "Oh! Newspaper time!"

I skipped out and looked up. Where's the bir—

Smack

A newspaper plopped into the centre of my face and I fell back, hearing Marco laughing from inside the house. "Oh come on!!" I looked down at my belt, contemplating if I should shoot the bird with the gun Izo gave me.

"Y/N, I know what you're thinking, and no."

"Oh, screw off, Marco!" I opened the door again and put the newspaper on the table. "You read it."

"Come on, you love reading."

"No, you read it."

He sighed and I heard the soft crumple of the newspaper as he gripped the edge. "Oh, Luffy saved Dressrosa."

"...What." I walked over and looked over his shoulder, putting my hand on his arm to keep it steady so I could read. "What does this kid even do with his time?"

"Save countries, apparently."

"Well, I can see that." I stood up straight and sighed. "There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that he's reckless and I'm worried about him."

Marco patted my back. "He's a strong guy. He'll be fine."

I groaned and fell back onto my bed, spreading my hands out with a long sigh. "Yeah, yeah. But after growing up with him and seeing him get eaten by a crocodile, you start to question things."

"Wha- You know what, I won't even ask. He's an odd one, anyways."

"Yep. He also got captured by some pirates and got beaten to find Ace and Sabo's treasure."

"My god, Y/N."

"Hey, it ain't my fault." I closed my eyes, grabbing my pillow and pressing it into my face. "He's a reckless kid, and I can't help but worry."

"Isn't he older than you?"

"By not even a year!" I pulled off the pillow. "Anyways, I'm hungry, have you cooked?"

"No."

"Fine, I can."

"No, you'll just cook something unhealthy."

"Aw man!"