Chapter 64

The long awaited day is here

The long awaited day is here. Lucas wakes me early and I can't wipe the smile off my face, as he feeds.

Once I have Lucas fed and burped, I get him ready in a little outfit prior to us getting ready at the shop.

Thankfully, everything is in the car as of last night. So, I get dressed in something comfortable for now and put Lucas in his little carrier.

We go out the the car and get all buckled in. There is one place I feel that I need to go to and it is time that Lucas goes with me.

It has been almost four months. I know he is to young to understand, but I feel like it is where to take him to meet Mom and Dad.

I drive us out the the cemetery, and park the car. The flowers I am supposed to hold going down the aisle is sitting in the seat next to me. I get Lucas out of the carrier and then grab the flowers.

Sunflowers, were Mom's favorite and one way that I feel like I can have her there with me today.

Now, I want them to be resting with her here. I sit on the bench holding Lucas. A few tears slip as I explain to him these are two of his grandparents. I choke up when explaining to Lucas that they would have loved him so much, but are watching him from a special place.

I wipe my eyes and get Lucas back in the carrier. Off to the shop we go and right when we pull in Merissa and Maddy are already here and waiting on us.

"Where have you been, hot mama?" Maddy smiles.

"I had to go see Mom and Dad first." I sniff, while Merissa gets Lucas.

"I got the playpin set up in the office along with his baby stroller." Merissa smiles, as Maddy takes Lucas then walks inside and we follow.

"Your parents would have been so proud of you dear. All that you have accomplished and they are always here with you. Right here." Merissa puts a hand over my heart and the dam burst open as tears pour freely.

Merissa wraps me in a hug.

"No, please none of that! Your eyes will get so puffy that it will make the makeup hard applying to hide it all." Maddy hugs me, having heard and trying to joke some.

I wipe my tears with a cool towel to get the swelling down.

"His little tux is in his little bag." I tell Merissa since Maddy is already started on my makeup.

Thankfully my dress is just a pull up and zip type deal. It technically is just a plain white floor length gown for like the Ball, but I got a sash to go around my mid-riff for some design.

The girls get ready and I get Lucas into his little tux after his feeding. Merissa comes out and I place him in the baby stroller since he is sleeping, and lay him on his back. I give him a kiss then she rolls him out to the front.