Chapter 19

Don't play the song yet!

-Earlier-

Bakugo POV

When I watched him leave me with the invites, I still couldn't stand the rejection. It can't be real, could it? I wanted to reach out to him, I wanted him to stay longer, I didn't want him to go.

The door finally shut and I held my head down. This is it, isn't it? I'm never going to see him ever again. Izuku! Please! I want to stay with you, so don't go... don't choose Bird Guy over me!

Then, I was transported to Mount Olympus. In front of the door where all the Gods hang out. The doors opened wide and I entered the room. Only to find them arguing over something, that I think must be a bad time.

I thought about leaving this argument, but then Hermes spoke up, "Ahem! Everyone! Katsuki Bakugo is here!" Gee thanks. "Now, shall we get the meeting running."

"Yes," Zeus clapped his hands together and their scrolls disappeared, "I've been waiting forever for this!"

"Please stop exaggerating, old man, it's really quite... What's the word that mortals describe this? Oh yeah, cringe," Aphrodite smirked as she was fixing her hair with the mirror in front of her. I snickered at that comment, but shut my mouth.

"One more move and I won't hesitate to replace you!" He threatens her with a lightning bolt in his hand that makes thunder in the room.

"Zeus... my dear husband, you're such a dummy, it makes me wonder how the former Zeus let you take his place."

"Ha! Even if you're the King of the Gods, Hera's really the only one running things around here." Poseidon added, making everyone laugh.

Zeus raised his hand up and the laughter died down. Hera cleared her throat and got herself situated, "Anyway, we've heard that Izuku came to the decision about choosing his partner. Shall we hand him over to Ares?"

"Yes, but may I suggest we watch it all play out? We need to confirm their relationship status in order to officially hand him over to him," Athena pointed out and snapped her fingers. Artemis stood up for a moment only to shoot an arrow in the air and sat back down.

The arrow, however, was spiraling like crazy around the cloud above as it twirled around until the cloud was a sphere-like shape. Then it was Hera's turn as she pulled out some golden dust from her pocket and blew it to the cloud. The dust flew over and it showed us Izuku and Bird Guy talking to each other.

"There we go! Now where's Dionysus when you need him?" Zeus asked as he rubbed his hands together and situated himself to get comfortable.

I could hardly pay attention to his needy demands as I kept my whole attention to Deku. I can't believe he's smiling like that to him! Tch! That so should've been me, but no! I just had to be a guardian! Tell me, why do I have to be watching this? I mean, I could look away, but this may be the last time I may ever see him look so happy.

Meanwhile, the Gods found it amusing while this whole thing was playing out. That's just ridiculous. Who finds the mortals' lives so amusing?

"So... why are we watching them confess their love for each other again?" Poseidon asked.

"Why not? It's like a story being told and we don't have to imagine it! It's like a uh... soap opera?" Zeus trailed off on the last word and shrugged his shoulders.

"Uh-oh."

"What? What is it, Aphrodite?" Hera asked with concern in her voice.

"I'm sensing something off. It's about Izuku." She stated as she placed her hand over her chest.