Chapter 1

Izuku POV

Once upon a time, there were these super human beings called the Greek Gods. They're these people with abilities that controlled the world. Zeus, the God of lightning and the King of the Gods. Poseidon, the God of the Sea. Hades, the God of the Underworld. There's just too many to count.

Unknowingly, I felt a little breeze pass by my head and blinked back and sat up straight. A paper airplane was flying around and everyone was either messing around, playing, or just talking. I shrugged it off as I went back to reading my book.

The door burst open and everyone stopped talking and it went quiet. I turned over to the next page while I had a smile on my face. I'm getting to one of my favorites!

"Okay everyone. I know that we're all excited that school is almost over for the day, but that doesn't mean you get to roughhouse while I'm still in charge," my teacher lectured as he walked to his desk.

"Then along came Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love," I muttered quietly while my finger traced the words on the pages. "Midoriya." She's one of my favorites to read about. "Midoriya.." Even though, there's a lot of negatives about her affairs with other men, I mostly like her because of how she sees the beauty in everyone. But I also love the idea of falling in love one day. Maybe it'll happen in time. "Midoriya!"

My hand instantly closed the book as I panicked when the teacher kept calling out my name. He gave me an annoyed look as he pointed with a long stick at me. "And just what is so much more important in that little book of yours, than solving this problem? Hmm??"

Everyone started staring at me while still feeling under pressure by being the center of attention. I cleared my throat and took a deep breath. "I was just reading something that my friends and I would talk about a lot. That's all."

He still didn't believe me. "Mhm. So, tell me. What was so investing in that book that you would like to share with the class? After being ignored, I feel like this is a plausible punishment."

"Um. Do I have to share?"

"If you would rather clean the stables after school, then yes, you have to." I scrunched my face and gagged a little bit when he mentioned about the stables. "Go on."

There's no getting out of this. My finger fiddled with the edge of the book. "It's just a story about the Greek Gods. Back at home, it's all that I was invested in, so..."

"Okay, okay, kid. You don't need to get into too much of the details. Just put the book away and pay attention."

"Yes, sir..." I grumbled and moved my book to the left side of my desk. Everyone's attention focused back on the teacher. Just get through the day and then I can go home.

"Pst..." Huh? I whip my head around the room. "Pst!!" There it is again. Where is that noise coming from?

"Midoriya..!" I jolted when my teacher called out my name. He clicked his tongue and groaned as he kept writing on the board, "If you're just causing distractions in my class, then meet me after class."

"Yes, sir." I hid my face with my arms as I heard people laughing at me. Why do people always pick on the new kid...? More importantly, I'm going to be late.

I hardly paid attention to time and hardly noticed that class was over. Someone purposely nudged me with their arm as they walked by. Another person snickered at me. Until everyone left the room, I was all by myself. Along with my teacher just standing and leaning on the wall.

"Midoriya." I pushed myself out of the chair and took my book off the desk. I walked up to him as I kept my head down.

"I'm sorry. I understand if you want me to clean the stables. I'll go do that right now—!"