Chapter 4

Welcome back, sweeties😘😘

      Today is Friday which automatically makes it a sports day and it was already time for sports (3:30 pm - 5:30 pm). I was on my navy blue wraparound sportswear skirt with a short joined beneath it and the navy blue top with HSA written in white at the back. The sportswear made my legs look longer and sexier so I like it😁. Actually, it was my first time wearing it as I had been given my sportswear on Tuesday.

   "Wow! This sportswear was made just for you" Tomi said when I came out of the room. She, Nene, and Joy had been waiting for me so we could go to the stadium abhi na field. It was my second time going there and the reason was that a lot of stuff went on there and when I mean things, I mean baaad things😉. So I always steered clear of the place on other days.

     On the field, I went to the lawn tennis court cause that was my best sport. I was kinda early so it was soon my turn after the set that was playing. I was playing against a random SS2 girl and she was kinda good but I was better duh! After all, 7 years of training was no joke.
      After some time the girl got tired and Snr. Phil took over. He was a tough opponent and soon the game got heated. People soon gathered to watch us play but my concentration was mostly on the game.

     After what seemed like 20 minutes of playing, I was at 30 points while Snr. Phil was at 40. I needed to up my game cos just one more win from him and I'm out. Just at that moment, he scored a point signifying the end of our game.

      I was sweating and panting a lot more than normal. People clapped for us as we left the court.
   "You're actually a tough opponent" Snr. Phil said.
   "I would say the same about you" I replied smiling.

      We both went to the pavilion with our bottles of water and face towels for fresh air. It was cool and less noisy here.
   "Soo... what's your reaction to Castro being your prep supervisor?" he asked and I let out a deep sigh.
   "Why does this seem like one of those tests that you seniors like to set? Whatever I say here will be going back to him"
    "Okay, let's put it this way. What do you think of Castro?"
   "Hmmm... he's... how do I put it now? He's annoying... very very annoying. Like in fact I think it's me in particular that he hates and now I'm beginning to hate him too. And to think that I once had a crush on him" I said muttering the last part but of course, he heard me and started laughing really hard. I felt embarrassed.

   "Ohhm! Snr. Phil, stop laughing at me naw. Please don't tell him o...in fact don't tell anybody abeg. Let it be our little secret. Please I'm begging..."
   "Okay, on one condition" he said and I nodded eagerly.
   "You'll join the tennis club and come for practice every Saturday" he said and I held my hand to my chest in relief. I had expected worse.
    "Okay, I promise" I said

     My stomach rumbled, a sure sign that I was hungry. I had missed my lunch because of an English essay that I had to submit. Thank God I came out with my card.

   "Snr. Phil, I want to go and buy something to eat. I kinda missed my lunch and my tummy is complaining"
   "Okay, no p. Let me walk you there" he said
   "Ha! This one now, all the girls in this school will start chasing me in my dream for stealing their crush. Don't worry, I can walk alone." I said but deep down, I wanted him to escort me o😂.
   "Have you forgotten that this is the stadium and it's evening already? The outer part of school is deserted and you may not want to know by experience why this place is feared" he counters. Okay, he wins.
   " Okay, now I'm scared. My Lord, Knight in shiny armor, would you please escort this damsel in distress to the school shop?" I said in a faux British accent making him laugh.
   "Tis alright Milady" he replied too in the accent and we both laughed.

     We walked side by side to the school shop and after picking a few things, Snr. Phil insisted on paying...well what a gentleman he is.

   After buying, we went back to the pavilion. While eating, we talked about a variety of things...from movies to music to dance and when he found out I could dance, he promised to tell the social prefect to include me in the dance.

   "Snr. Phil please na...I hate dancing in public" I begged.
   "No oh, you must dance" he said smiling.
  "Chai naw Snr. Phil, I'll cry oh" I said whining.

     "Guy, where have you been?" a voice said and I turned to see the full crew...Snrs. Castro, Dani, Richy, and my asshole brother.
   "I was at the tennis court playing against Nessa. Guy! She was a tough opponent oh- she almost won me."
      "How long have you been playing?" Snr. Dani asked me.
   "7 years now" I replied watching while they grabbed chairs and sat down with us.
    "Wow! That's a long time o. That means you're now a Pro"
   "Not really. Snr. Phil is much better than I."
      "And I'm better than Phil" Melvin said.
   "Liar!!" Snr. Phil and I said at the same time and we turned to each other laughing.

   " Snr. Phil jinx " I said smiling and pointing at him. The group laughed and he swatted my finger that was pointing at him.

   "Next thing now you will invite me to play with your Barbie dolls. Only kids jinx these days" he said and they laughed again.

   "It's not fair. I don't even have dolls anymore" I sulked
  " But you had dolls back then when you were small and you played with them" Snr. Right said
   "Ehen naw...but Melvin always bullied me and took my dolls to play with. He wouldn't even let me have enough time with them" I said reminiscing.

   " Wait! Melvin as in this Melvin here?" Snr. Phil asked and I nodded. They all burst into laughter apart from Melvin who was now giving me killer eyes. What did I do now?
   " What! Why are you looking at me like that? Is it not the truth?" I asked Melvin
"Tufiakwa! Why don't you just tell them everything zi" Melvin said
   " But did I lie now eh, did I lie?"
"Abeg gerawt!" he said forging vexation. The guys were still laughing hard, in fact Snr. Richy was almost off his seat.

    " Ha-ha! So - like you played with the dolls, in fact, you probably fed them your food" Snr. Castro laugh said.
   "Barbie + Melvin...Belvin" Snr. Dani said and we all laughed -again apart from Melvin😂😂.
   "Guy no say that thing again" Melvin said and all of us chorused " Belvinn!!!" still laughing.

   "Well, at least I didn't nag at Mum to buy me Pink Princess gowns to wear and join Barbie to sing and dance while watching TV" Melvin said trying to save his face.
   "Says the guy that begged Mum to buy him the same gowns and cried when she said no. She was probably scared you were about to be a Bob Risky " I said and the guys started laughing again.

   " Oya sorry, Vanessa Añuri I'm sorry. It's okay" Melvin begged.
  "On one condition" I said
      "What condition?" he asked then added
"Let it better not be something stupid o"
"See you that is begging and you are saying nonsense" Snr. Phil said
  "Okay talk anything " Melvin said and I cleared my throat dramatically.

   "I want you to let me use the PS5 whenever I want to use it without complaining"
   "Chai na. You know it's not fair. What will I be doing all through the holiday kwanu?" he asked
   "Reading for your JAMB, NECO & WAEC of course" I said.
  "Lemme give you money instead"
   "No! I don't want money. Ok, lemme pity you small. You will do my share of the housework this Christmas including helping Mummy to cook"
    "You are a witch!" he said accepting and I laughed.

   We all continued to talk till it was game over and I wondered how Snr. Castro could be so free and jovial at those times and then a full-grown douchebag during prep. Thinking back now to our time at the pavilion, I realized that at some point, Snr. Castro stopped talking and in fact, he had looked a bit... I don't know -maybe lost. But I did catch him staring at me a few times sha.

      Another update for you all. Please keep voting and commenting. I also love constructive criticism. Also pleas help me point out errors abeg.Each and every one of your comments count. And also if you can recommend the novel to your fellow Wattpaders, I'll be really happy. Thanks for reading. I love you all. Muaaah..😘😘😘

                                     Khimora Carter