Chapter 1

Finally, like finally! I'm finally going to join my elder brother in his school. Since I knew what a secondary school was, I had always wanted to attend Herbert Scottish Academy.
It is a boarding/day school that has been in existence since I'm...1998 or so.

Well, being the only daughter and last child out of 4 children, my parents refused to let me attend a boarding school not to talk about HSA. All my elder brothers attended the school and my immediate elder brother is currently entering SS3 there...like why wouldn't I want to attend the school?

 Now I know you must be wondering who I am. Your curiosity is about to be sated. Well, I'm Nwaokoli Vanessa Anuri, only daughter of Mr.&Mrs. Nwaokoli Samuel. My Dad owns a company " Kole Construction Company" plus other smaller companies while my Mum has a shoes-only boutique. Uhmm, my eldest brother Elvin is in his final year in the university and my second brother Kelvin is in his second year. Now Melvin ( my partner in crime) and I are going to be attending the same school and I can't keep out the excitement.

   My mum and I had spent the last 2 weeks buying and gathering all that I'll need for school and right now, I'm on my way Squeeee!!! I'm so excited!!!! Melvin went back last week but new intakes were returning today. Mum insisted on taking me to school herself even though I was done with all the required registration.
For sure, Melvin had called like 10 times to remind me to bring food for him and his friends. HSA was about 1hr45min from our house and considering I was too nervous and excited to actually sleep last night, I soon fell asleep in the car.

  " Baby wake up" I heard in my subconscious. Soon I felt my mum tapping me. I opened my eyes and looked around, we were almost there. I yawned and stretched a bit.
  "That was fast o," I said as I brought out a compact mirror to check on my face.
"Why won't it be fast when you slept almost all through. I should have left you to sleep so that the first set of people that will see you will see drool all over your face" my Mum said
"Mummy I don't drool while sleeping" I whined
"Okay but you drool while awake ba??"
"Maybe at fine boys" I muttered inaudibly.

          About an hour later, we were done and Melvin had brought juniors that helped me take my things to the dormitory.
  "Mummy, it's already late. Are you not going again abi you want to enter hostel with her?" he asked and we laughed.
  "So you are chasing me. Okay o. I'll miss you pumpkin. Take care of yourself, always pray and read your books. Obey the school rules eh, and if you enter any trouble look for this bigheaded brother of yours. Call me regularly and..." she stopped and sobbed, turning the other way to clean her eyes. I too was already tearing up.

By the time Mum was going, we were all laughing -thanks to Melvin who miraculously cheered us up. I had collected my card from the school's bank after Mum transferred some money to it. I waved goodbye to her one last time till the car went out of sight.
   "So now you have entered this school, are you now happy?" Melvin asked me cocking his brow.
   "Ehen naw!" I said and laughed then he ruffled my hair. "Ohhhhm! Because you have grown tall nah abi? Stop scattering my hair joor"
   "I wonder why you even badly wanted to enter this school. This school na scam"
   "Ehn, let it be. It's scam and yet you went ahead and took prefectship post. See your mouth like nyen nyen nyen" I mocked.
   "See you're meant to be calling me senior o"
   "If I call you senior let my leg bend" I said laughing.

I was following him to where he said I was going to meet his friends and as we walked, I couldn't help but notice the looks I was getting from other students.

After passing some buildings, we met some guys sitting around. I accessed them subtly and I ghats tell you they were cute, but one, in particular, caught my eye out of the 4 guys. That particular one enter my eye well well.

   "Omor! Guy you don get anoda babe?" one asked
   " I never see this one before o" the tallest one said.
   "Are you not seeing the resemblance between them abi you just wan talk?" the one that caught my eye said. Omor, even his voice catch my eye join.
   "Don't mind them. Olodos, after all my announcement about my kid sister joining our school" Melvin said ruffling my hair again. I swatted his hand away and eyed him trying to fix my hair again.

"You're already fighting me abi?" he said and I ignored him smiling at his friends.
   "Hi, I'm Nwaokoli Vanessa buh you can call me Nessa"
   "I'm Okoro Philip your dining hall prefect, you can call me senior Phil" the tall one said. He sounded jovial. I noticed they all had badges, including Melvin who was the utility prefect.
  "Enwerem Daniel, Prep prefect, you can call me Snr. Danny" the next one said
  "Richard Michael, punctuality prefect, I go by Snr. Richy"
   "Agu Castro, labour prefect, you can choose what to call me" the guy that caught my eye said dourly.
  "Can I call you Snr. Cassy?" I asked and they all burst into laughter - well all apart from Snr. Castro.
  "Oh God no. You know what? Just call me Snr. Castro" he said and I nodded.

  After some minutes, I bid them bye as Melvin escorted me to the gate of my hostel. According to him, the boys' hostel was farther down the way. I was directed to my room and entered the room with my name on its door.

The room was spacious with 4 bunk beds in it and a very long set of wardrobes. There were mirrors on the wall in each corner and I soon found the corner with my belongings. I looked up and four pairs of curious eyes stared back at me from the other bunk. Two seconds later I couldn't help the awkwardness.
    "Uhhhm...Hi, I'm Nwaokoli Vanessa...the new student" I managed to say.
  They introduced themselves and I understood that there were 7 people plus me 8 members of the room. 4 SS2 and 4 JSS3. Currently, the 3 SS2 girls and 1 JSS3 girl were here.There was Uche Nene, she was slim, dark, with sparkling eyes that could never go unnoticed. Next was Olabisi Ewatomi, Tomi for short. She was Yoruba and had a nice smile, slightly on the plump side. The last was Onuoha Joy, she seemed kinda shy but well, I haven't known her well. The JSS3 girl from what I was told was my bunkmate ( bunkie). She looked okay buh...her name is Benedict Maria.

Nene helped me arrange my things in my wardrobe then promised to take me around school tomorrow. Luckily enough, she was in my class so she could take me around easily. I was exhausted after all the arranging we did and I asked where the bathroom was. The thought of undressing and bathing in front of people kinda scared me buh, duh!!, I asked for this so amma have to work it out.

There was no prep today because of our resumption so by 7 PM, the four of us trooped to the bathroom to have our bath after which I did my night skincare routine and slept off, my last thoughts being a silent prayer not to fall out of my bunk😂.
              -------------------------------------

Alright readers, your first chapter is here so, please show some love here. Vote, Comment, Share, Recommend, Add to your library's and all that. Also help draw my attention to errors😊.
   This is still a filler chapter so there's not much action but hold on tight,  buckle up your seatbelts, cause you're in for a ride. Enjoy your read, I love y'all.

                                              Your lazy author,
                                           Khimor Van-Carter

                                                 Mmmuaah😘😘