Chapter 2

There was a continuous ringing in my ear threatening to spoil my sleep. Subconsciously, I grabbed my pillow and covered my ears going back to sleep. Soon someone started tapping me. Who on earth will go this far to wake me up? I slowly opened my eyes only to see a strange face looking back at me. I screamed, the person screamed and other voices screamed. Then there was a pause.

      Slowly I remembered where I was. "HSA my dream school, this is my room and these are my roommates" I reminded myself mentally holding my chest as if to calm it down and slowly getting off my bed.
     "My God, Nene I'm sorry" I apologized when I found my voice.
    Gosh, you really scared the crap outta me" she said and we laughed.

   I dressed my bed and brought out my toiletries. The others were already waiting for me so we could go to the bathroom together. On our way to the bathroom, we passed a lot of girls and I wondered who and who was in SS3. I was later told that SS3s were given rooms downstairs so I didn't have to worry about stepping on their toes.

      The bathroom was like a row of 5 empty stalls. We entered one of them and quickly did our business.

      Today was Monday so we were to have assembly. After having our Bath we went back to our room to get dressed I was not with dressing up. I really loved the school uniform. It was a white long hand shirt with a navy blue checked flared skirt. It was complemented with a navy blue tie and blazer. On our feet, we wore white socks and black shoes.

     After dressing up, I put my stationery and some other things in my school bag alongside my cutlery and card. Soon we left the hostel joining the students tripping to the dining hall. The school was very beautiful and I could see that very well. There were flowers planted along the pathways carefully mapping out the walkway. Soon, only Nene and I were left alone. Tomi and Joy left with their classmates.

  "Sup Nen's. You were scarce yesterday" a guy's voice said joining NeNe and me.
"Nothing happened though. Just that I was helping out my new friend. Meet Vanessa, Vanessa Nwaokoli. She just joined yesterday and she's in our class. Vanessa meet this big head, Arinze Eric. He's my best friend..."
  "Her boyfriend, her one and only" Eric said interrupting Nene and she slapped him on his back.
   "Owughi only boyfriend. Who dash you?" she said ( Owughi- it's not only)
   "Ouch! You just broke my heart" he said dramatically, placing his hand on his chest and we laughed. I think I like this guy's vibes.

     On reaching the dining, I saw Snr. Phil at the entrance. I gave him a small wave. He smiled and waved me over. Nene and Eric waited a bit for me while I moved to answer him.
    "Snr. Phil" I said smiling more. The guy was just so cute -buh obviously not my spec.
    "Nessa, how has your stay been?"
   "Fine oh. I've managed to make some friends and my roommates seem nice"
    "Okay oh. You can keep going. I see your friends are waiting for you. Tell them to help you get a table"
   "Owkay, thanks. Uhhmm...have you seen my brother?"
   "He's not yet here but I'm sure you will see him soon".
  " Okay, see you later" I said going back to my friends...wait I just called them friends😁😁.
   "So you know Snr. Phil?" Nene asked when we sat down at a table inside the dining.
    "Yep! He's one of my brother's friends so he introduced us to each other yesterday"
   "Oh, you have a brother in this school?"
  "Yeah, in fact, he is..." I felt someone sit beside me and I turned.
   "...her best brother, partner in crime and where have you been?"
  Yes, it was Melvin🙄.
       "And a good morning to you too. Nice way to bump into my conversation bro" I replied rolling my eyes before looking up at him properly. He looked really good in his well-ironed uniform. I could see a good number of female eyes on him...Eww🤮.
  "You know you love me" he said winking and I could swear I heard girls swoon- yes they were eavesdropping.
   " Ughhh... I'd rather kiss a grinch" I said making a puke face🤢.
    "Whatever! Gotta go. Take care of yourself and stay out of trouble" he said as Snr. Phil's voice rang out
   "🔊 All rise for opening prayers" we all stood up. "🔊 For the food we're about to eat we thank you Oh Lord!"
    "Amen" echoed all over the hall and we all sat down.