Chapter 5

Okay, I know an apology is due. I'm sorry for not updating in a long while. I kinda wanted to give up😂. I feel along the line, I might have to make some major changes to this book, but trust me, they will be positive changes 😊😊. Enjoy😘.

  Nessa's POV

      "Omo! This night food make oh!" Eric said as we left the dining. We had eaten hot spicy spaghetti with fried fish and I have to admit, it was delicious. Kai! It almost tasted like home food.
     "E get any food wey no make for you?" Nene asked Eric and we laughed cause it was so true. Eric was a real-life definition of a foodie.
     "No eh, see the thing here, some foods -mtcheew, in fact, fashi, you will not understand. But compare this night's food with that nonsense they gave us this afternoon"

       Eric kept talking about food even till we got to the stadium area while on our way to class. Suddenly he stopped talking and everywhere became quiet...well almost quiet cause we soon began hearing "sounds" and when I say sounds, I mean ungodly sounds.
     Nene and I made eye contact and burst into laughter while Eric shook his head. Like seriously some people de try o.
    "Why are you shaking your head? As if you won't agree if you were given that kind of wonderful offer" Nene asked
   "Abeg no oh... I'm purely virgin" Eric defended.
  "If you say so Virgin Eric" Nene retorted

    I just watched them bicker all the way to the class. Those two could argue all day. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to remain friends.
    On getting to class, I brought out the books I wanted to use during prep and locked my locker.
    Kola and Ronke we're at it again, insulting each other and cracking the entire class up. Those two should just marry each other let's rest😂. I decided to listen to the quarrel.

      "Why would you step on my chair without cleaning it afterward?" Ronnie asked
      "And why should there be spiders around your seat?" Kola retorted
     "Are the spiders not coming out of your dirty locker? Ronke said
     "Well, they migrating to your seat cause last time they checked, your hair was cobweb" Kola said making the class roar with laughter.
     "But seriously Ronke go and remake your hair" a guy Chima said.
     "The day she will remake that hair, many animals will lose their homes" Peter said and we laughed again. Ronke began crying.

"Walai Peter, you're always making Ronke cry. What is your problem sef?" Eric asked still laughing.
    "Is it a crime to like somebody? Is it because I told you that I like you that you always take advantage of it to make me a laughing stock?" Ronke asked
   At first, I thought she was talking to Kola, but she was looking at Peter who was already red with embarrassment. The whole class was still trying to comprehend what Ronke had just told Peter cause I guess no one was expecting it.

     "Class captain" Snr. Castro's voice rang out silencing the class including Ronke's tears. We all scrambled to our seats to avoid punishment. Snr. Castro walked to his designated prep seat and I couldn't help but drool at him -mentally sha😂😂.

   "Nessa, take back your eyeballs" I heard Nene whisper beside me and I laughed, quickly remembering Snr. Castro was in class and shut up while giving Nene the stink eye for almost putting me in trouble.

     "Class captain, I'm giving you 5 minutes to get me your class list" and immediately, the class became gravely silent cause we all knew what was coming next -punishment.
      After Isaac our class captain gave him the class list, he announced that we were going to clear dining for 2 days as our punishment, and anyone who misses any one of the meals duty wouldn't like to know the outcome.
     The whole thing tire me likeeee. The worst part sef is that working in dining is the worst thing that can ever happen to you😖.
  Snr. Castro, I'm beginning to hate you and I don't like it at all.