━━━━━━ 17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN . I LOVE YOU

— — — — — —

"I think we're lost."

     After hours of walking, flying on brooms, and reporting on the walkie-talkie remotes they had, none of the Golden Dawn and Black Bulls members had found the merchant, their target.

     "Arghhh! My stomach is grumbling!" Asta complained on the other side of the walkie-talkie Vangeance held.

     The masked man pondered only for a second before articulating his thoughts, "Yami, is there a village near your current location?"

      "Yep," he yawned, "How about your goldy birds?"

     William smiled through the communication device. "Yes. I believe it is best if we settle here for the meantime, should the villagers allow our stay."

     "Neh, neh, neh, Yami-danjo... we're going to stay here!?" Asta yelled, and William heard Yami throw the poor child away to a certain distance, his incessant pleas for help echoing through the area.

      "Damn brat!" the Black Bulls Captain cursed, huffing an air of his cigarette. Oh, right. He was still talking to William. "Yeah, yeah, we're gonna lounge here for tonight. Update me if anything comes up with your folks or if you guys find anything."

      "You, as well. Good night, Yami." the Golden Dawn Captain's finger hovered over the end call button until Yami spoke up again.

     "You got plans for Y/N, tonight? I mean, I don't think being a pussy's gonna do any magic work for you."

     William frowned at Yami's indiscreet behavior. His eyes moved to Y/N who was mingling contentedly with the members of his squad. Had she been any closer to him, his vexation over the man's brazeness would have doubled.

     Of course he had plans.

     After the predicament during Y/N's stay in the hospital transpired, he had long forgotten his pride and dignity. He had nothing to do with what every ambitious man deemed their greatest honor. To him, losing her would be an even greater loss.

     Over the past few weeks, Vangeance spent most of his days burying himself in work when she's chosen to refuse and deny his existence. He figured that when she drew the line between the two of them, it was a visible evidence to stop— the attestation that his stupity had wilted what was should have been the beginning of an efflorescent growth.

     Patri badgered him to no end during that phase saying William's foolishness should be put to an end, and that Y/N was a girl not worth his time. 

      Yet the heart cannot turn bleak and simply forget the color it was dipped in once it has been painted red.

      Vangeance marvelled over the idea that Y/N constanly consumed his everyday thoughts. Every ounce of his being was brimming with such an overwhelming emotion that sometimes, he still wondered if she felt the same. If this, is what Y/N had felt when she had first seen him— called his name with so much raw emotion that it burned his eyes to even recall the desparation of her voice.