━━━━━━ 07

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN . Y/N ON DUTY? 

— — — — — —

The trio decided that it would be best if they stay together to find Y/N, unless they wanted to get lost themselves within the thick and thorny woods like she did, and possibly never finish the mission they were tasked.

The forest was tranquil, as expected. The only sounds that could be heard was their footsteps on the surface, noticing how there were several ones being the remnant of another mage's presence that all the more agitated them as the thought that there were three captains present and yet they could not locate nor save a mere girl.

A few feet away from them, a loud clink could be heard which they followed and eventually lead them to her who was examining what looked like a crossbow on her hand, "Someone was here." she stated, breaking the silence that lingered in the air as they've located her.

"How could you carelessly leave just like that? This was supposed to be a group task, not some solo mission."

"Surprising to hear you say that, Captain Nozel. And u-uhm," she stood up, fumbling over her words before finally settling on what to say, "I'm sorry for wandering, Captain Vangeance." her eyes stayed on the ground, afraid of what he might say.

The masked man merely chuckles at the woman, "It's quite all right." The H/C-haired woman looks back up to meet his gaze, beaming with relief and happiness that caught him off guard, but nonetheless smiled amiably.

Fuegoleon steps forward and circles around the woman who only giggled seeing that the man was always serious, even more so now that both of his brows are arched, "You aren't hurt, that's good." the Crimson Lion captain said, a sigh escaping his lips. 

"I did find something that would be helpful tho..."

Crossing both of his arms, Nozel looks at the woman who has been staring scrupulously at one particular trench not too far from where they stood, "Then inform us already and stop being perverse." Y/N snapped her head, and formed a thin smile while nodding her head and asking the three to follow her closely.

'Should we really follow her? What if this is a trap?'

'Nozel, it is quite rude to accuse someone of such vulgar title they are clearly not. Isn't that right, Vangeance?'

'Indeed. Though we should still be cautious of our surroundings, if in any case, something happens.'

The woman stops in her tracks and folds both of her legs, her head looking down at the depth of the rift, "Earthquakes, tremors, or the shaking of the ground is not normal at any rate. Usually they are caused by a sudden release of stress along faults in the earth's— I m-mean the ground's crust." She looked back at the three, who looked as though she spoke of alien language they've never heard of.