━━━━━━ 06

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX . Y/N, THE IRRESPONSIBLE

— — — — — —

If standing in the middle of the room with Captains of the Magic Knight squad wasn't enough to suffocate her, then maybe their unbearble glares thrown at one another would kill her instead. After Magna's tears were no longer streaming down his face, Y/N wanted to stay in their base, but she knew herself that she had to return to the impatient eagle waiting for her outside.

Seeing William standing outside and conversing with Yami and Nozel was already a surprise, but to find out that she's been tasked to this, she believed that the Wizard King is starting to lose his mind.

"Sir, with all due respect, but is it really the wisest choice to bring a manaless girl, who cannot even perform any forms of self-defense, to a mission as important as this?" Nozel asked the Wizard King who raised a brow at his question.

"Are you doubting the Wizard King's judgement?" Julius returned, innocently smiling at them making them sweatdrop as his drop of mana was a dead giveaway to what the man was truly feeling. 

"HA! You look like you've seen a ghost!"

Nozel gulps looking at him, "No, sir. I'm rather concer—"

"Well, there's no need for that, Nozel. Y/N has been training with me for the past few days and I can assure you that she's learned a few tricks up her sleeve." Fuegoleon intervened, involving himself in their conversation.

Y/N looked at Fuegoleon, a miniscule smile playing on her lips, before nodding in agreement as a sign of her gratefulness for the man who by far has showcased her nothing but true strength and despite that fact, is now humbling himself to acknowledge her own.

The silver-haired man's lips pull into a straight-line, not willing to say another word as it may further embarass him— and that was what he least needed. Seeing that the H/C-hair colored woman, despite slightly smiling, feel undeserving of the compliment, he rolls his eyes letting this moment slide.

Before one could even utter another word, Julius hands Yami a few papers and asks him to complete the mission effective immediately so the black-haired mage sets off without even asking questions.

Meanwhile, William only stood there rather awkwardly as he listened to them discuss the details of their important assignment. According to various reports from different squads, certain parts of Clover Kingdom are experiencing weird tremors. At first, it was believed to have been nothing but a small earthquake, but seeing that most of the coordinates of these abrupt jolts are where dungeons, caves, and villages with high potents of diverse magic and magical items are located, it was concluded that they may not be a coincidence after all.

"Huh? But why am I tagging along?" the Wizard King chuckles lightly at her question that did not hide any of her confusion, "I was hoping you'd be the seer for the team." running a hand through her hair, Y/N looked at him as if he was some lunatic like the mad hatter.