━━━━━━ 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN . STRIKE ONE!

— — — — — —

Unlike what was told in other fictional books, and action novels, adrenaline wasn't pumping every vessel in her body. In fact, it was draining her the more she ran, the faster she picked up her pace.

"Get back here!" 

A voice bellowed loudly as she struggled to squeeze herself through the crowd of people, knocking them over if necessary, and even pushing a few stalls on the way, "Sorry!" she yelled back, eyes accidentally landing on those chasing her.

"Stop running, you thief!"

Ah, yes. Of course, that's the reason Y/N was running. A group of Magic Knights, particularly the Crimson Lions have been chasing her. 

The reason? She stole Fuegoleon's necklace.

She didn't intend on doing so in the first place, but knowing what was about to happen, she had no other choice. The woman, despite contemplating, had long made her decision. Yes, she liked William, maybe she even loved him, but she wanted to protect Clover, she needed to do something knowing that she can.

Y/N could've just borrowed Fuegoleon's necklace kindly, making up a lame excuse he'd eventually bite such as studying the origin of it, but instead, she had to snatch it from his neck forcefully as they fought off the disgusting zombie-like creatures in the town.

It was a last-minute decision that would change her story, but it is also a choice she will never regret.

Unfortunately for her, with no magic to shield herself, Y/N was completely defenseless as the Magic Knights circled around her figure.

"I knew something was up with you," Nozel spat out, disgusted merely by looking at her face. "You're all-knowing, and with that caliber of your magic, you claim to be harmless? It all sounded too good to be true."

The girl flinched at his cold glare but maintained eye contact, "I-I promise, t-there is a reason be-behind this!" she stuttered, voice quivering at the spine-tingling sensation coursing through her.

"Why don't you explain when you're behind the bars already?" another Magic Knight hissed, glaring at her figure.

However strong the members of different squads may be, they were never able to catch up to them as a portal suddenly appeared below her feet, just like she knew it would knowing well that this was the exact spot Fuegoleon stood on the anime and fell into the other side where he awaited her.

__ __ __

"I was right. You knew.

Y/N had to cover her eyes and peek as she opened them with one finger, adjusting to the blinding white light that surrounded the place.

She sighed heavily, casually sitting on whatever seemed like a floor before hugging her knees to herself, "Take this," she said, throwing the necklace she held towards the opposite side where he stood.

The elf caught it quickly, furrowing his brows along the process as he did not understand why she handed it over easily, "Why-"

"I know what's going to happen in the future." she stated out of nowhere, shifting her position to face the elf, "Hello Patri." she greeted him, further surprising the light magic-user.

"You even know my name," Patri chuckled, an amused expression written across his face, "Tell me, Y/N. Will I succeed?" he asked, relaxing at her presence as he was now aware of how completely harmless she is.

"You will," she said, pausing for a moment and trying to think of the right words to say as to not provoke him, "But it's not a future you expect nor want it to be. It's your loss, to be honest."

The girl began smiling wistfully to herself as she stared at his golden, sun-speckled eyes that held a gaze of confusion, "Care to elaborate?" The Eye of the Midnight Sun's leader questioned furthermore, not wasting any moment.

"Well, you see first of all the elves will be reincarnated, but actually! it's not like they were before! They'll be fed up with—"

Y/N's voice was cut short, as a cough escaped her mouth. When she retracted her mouth from covering her lips, the dark red blood became prominently noticeable as it stained her once clean hands.

'What?'  from what seemed like a simple cough, the girl began violently spewing out even more of it until her lungs gave out to exhaustion, causing her to lie on the ground with a burdened heart.

Meanwhile, Patri only watched her struggle. The elf wanted her to continue feeding him with information that he has long sought, but even just for a moment, he did not want to interfere with her current battle for life like she held the thin thread of it loosely.

William was worried over her of course, but he couldn't bring himself to intervene with his counterpart's plans. He respected and cared for Patri too much to do such a thing, but seeing her scuffling, and whimpering ever so slightly conflicted him of what he truly wanted.

'What do you mean it's not the future he expected? What events will unfold that have made you conclude that the result is something he would regret?' Patri could hear William's thoughts and he mentally made a note to ask more about it when she's gathered herself up.

Breathing out heavily, the girl attempted to stand up on her own, only to fail miserably after a few attempts. While she repeated this action, she noticed that her wrist actually had three lines, and now one of those thick black lines disappeared from her wrist.

Patri was sharp and saw the sudden disappearance of one of her markings that confused him. Even though the girl was harmless, he couldn't underestimate her, as she just came into their life without notice or warning.

Not to mention that he found her rather gratifying and eccentric.

Just as he was about to reach for her, an ominous and refulgent light enveloped her body, much too bright even for him while he used the oversized sleeve of the robe to cover his face from it. When he removed his arm from his face Y/N was no longer there.

All that was left is the book William had read to her when they spent their first time in the library together.

'Y/N... you kept it?'

— — — — — — — — —

a/n: thank you for 5k!! i didn't even notice it because i've been so busy with school lately. also, very sorry if this was short! hehe. sorry patri, you can't keep us locked in your hideout skskskks.

quick question:
 are people still reading this? xfjdsnnd