"What about the others?"

"I didn't invite them," she muttered. "We haven't talked for a long time and haven't even reconciled."

Seungmin could just nod in understanding. They went back to sitting in silence until the princess suddenly said,

"I miss Han."

The hug on her legs tightened as her voice wavered, "As much as I hate him I still... miss him."

He heard the princess sniffled. She quickly wiped a tear on her cheek and took a deep breath. "Usually we would meet after my birthday celebration to exchange gifts because he's not allowed into the main hall. Father is not happy, obviously. But we only meet outside and eat some desserts. That's our favourite thing to do after the celebration ends."

"I thought we could do it again this year." she bitterly laughed but shortly after, she broke down. Eunkyung buried her face in her knees and tried to suppress her cries but failed.

Seungmin scooted closer and pulled her into a side hug. He did not dare to say anything so he just caressed her arm and let her leaned on him. He didn't know how sad she was but surely it breaks you when a best friend for almost ten years betrayed you, right?

"How foolish I am to believe him." the princess chuckled, still trying to hide her sadness.

And when it happens, a part of you would blame yourself for being the cause of your friendship's downfall.

And even though it is clearly the others' fault, you would still miss them because of the memories that's left behind.

"How do I forget everything?" she asked, looking at Seungmin desperately.

His heart broke at the sight. She looked clearly hurt with those tear stains on her cheeks and the small smile that adorned her puffy face. The smile was like a tape over a broken glass that attempted to hide a crack from being shown to public.

It was there, but people from afar couldn't see it.

Only the one who is close get to see the vulnerable side of the glass.

Even her sisters didn't know how she truly felt.

Eunkyung is like a hidden broken glass, yet Seungmin managed to find her before anyone else.

"Is my princess ready?" Eunsoo's cheery voice greeted her ears. Eunkyung turned to see her sister with a wide smile coming in. "What are you doing?"

"Eonnie, I have something to tell." the younger said. Her sister paid attention to her next words. "Remember the old woman I told you?"

Eunsoo slowly nodded as she tried to recall the woman who eavesdropped their conversation the other day. "Did something happen?"

Eunkyung hummed, "That night she met up with someone but I couldn't hear what they talked about. Seungmin was with there with me don't worry." she quickly added when Eunsoo was about to cut her off. The younger sheepishly grinned. "I almost followed the person she was with but Seungmin didn't let me. But she was like, reporting what happened in here."

A concern look painted on Eunsoo's face, "Why didn't you tell us anything?"

"We were fighting." she muttered. The eldest sighed. "And I didn't pay attention to her since I had exam and been going to Arin's house. I just remember it now since we are... opening the gate..."

Frankly, she was afraid of anything that could happen tonight. That's why she's still cramping in the room despite the ceremony is starting in a few minutes. Eunsoo pulled her sister up and adjusted the crooked tiara on Eunkyung's head. She helped her wearing the pink evening gloves and checked if her waterfall braids was in place. After making sure everything was perfect for her youngest sister, she stretched Eunkyung's mouth into a smile using her fingers and held out a hand.