•Chapter Twenty-Two• Abduction

Cain

Gabriel and I were chatting about our families while standing guard outside the Princess's suite. Ever since the war, Gabriel and I often worked together as a team. From what my wolf has told me in the past about his previous life, it was the same even back when they were guardians of the gods. Perhaps that was why it was so seamlessly to work together, as we had done so all our lives.

I suppose it was inevitable. My wolf soul, along with four others, had been created for the sole purpose of guarding the gods during a turbulent time in the heavens. But when their enemies were defeated and imprisoned, there was no need for us guardians. Thousands of years later the goddess sent our captain on a special mission to this plane, and not long after the rest of us were sent as well.

As moon guardians, later called moon warriors, our wolf souls were special souls who could verbally communicate with us, unlike other wolf souls. My wolf soul Samson, and I had the same personality, we are both calm and laid back. I've never gotten stressed, not even when my pups were young and the house was often chaotic. Samson and I can think quickly and clearly, even under pressure.

Naram and Nephilim, just like their human sides, are twins named Kile and Kale. They seem to be inseparable, and mischievous, yet they constantly fight with each other. The captain, Goliath resided within Elder Mathew. He was stronger and smarter than the other wolf warriors, with a commanding aura that demanded attention. While Gabriel and Giborim, his wolf soul, were like night and day. Giborim was private, but Gabriel was not.

Once we had all been given human hosts, our existence was for the purpose to protect one she-wolf, Silvia. I became her guard as a teen, from the day she began to walk. Mathew's pack was nearly the same size as Silvia's and was close enough to be neighbors. The twins were part of Mathew's pack while I was part of Silvia's pack. My father had been her father's beta. It was the same with our grandparents.

Gabriel was not from either pack. His father was the alpha of a pack in Minnesota. It was strange to us that Gabriel wasn't part of either pack and I often wondered why. Though we later found out that Gabriel's mother had been a member of Silvia's pack until she found her mate. After Gabriel's mother was killed during a rogue attack, his father blamed him for it and made sure his life was a living hell.

Thankfully, Giborim was brought back from the brink of eternal darkness by the goddess during the red river rogue war. Once the war came to an end, Giborim refused to leave the sacred vessel's side. Gabriel was more than willing to relocate to the Moon Warrior's pack, more so once he discovered his maternal grandparents still resided there and asked for permission, which was quickly granted.

It was close to two hours after Silvia had entered the prince and princess's suite when Gabriel suddenly shivered and looked at me oddly. "I just got a cold chill down my back," He frowned as he moved closer to the door and grabbed the knob. "Something's wrong."

Pushing the door open Gabriel walks in with me close on his heels. We look around the empty living area, noticing that nothing seemed disturbed or out of place. The tv was off, which was odd but not alarming. Silvia and the princess were probably in the bedroom. I followed Gabriel to the bedroom door, where we waited after he had knocked. The silence was eerie and moments later we pushed the door open to find the room empty.

Concerned and worried, Gabriel ran to the bathroom while I quickly hurried to pull open the door that led out onto a balcony. Frustration and fear gripped me when I realized that neither female was out there. Closing the door, I turned around to see Gabriel exiting the bathroom with a frown. We both hurried to the last unopened door, the closet, and opened it to find no one in there.

"What the hell?!" Gabriel shouted angrily. "Where the hell are they?"

"That's what I want to know!" I said. Sniffing the air, I could find the faint scent of both she-wolves, as well as two unfamiliar scents. "Rogues!" I growled out.