•Chapter Twenty• Emergency Meeting

Start from the beginning

Sighing, Marcus shakes his head before he gives me a crooked smile. "You know me too well," He sighed as he leaned his forehead against mine for a moment before pulling back to look at me. "You're right in thinking something is wrong. The truth is, we found evidence of an intruder having trespassed onto our territory." I couldn't help but bite my lip with worry, my hands gripping his shirt tightly.

"It's the main reason dad thinks we need guards at all times," Marcus admits, his gaze serious. "I've doubled security and agreed to have guards assigned to you and dad will be sticking close to me. That's the reason those WOLF teams have come. I want to ensure the safety of the pack as well as yours and that of our pup," Marcus admits as he kisses the top of my head and cradles me against his chest.

The sound of knocking drew our eyes to the door at the same time. "Come in," Marcus calls out as he wraps an arm around my waist, then turned us to face the door just as it opens to reveal his father and mother.

"Sorry to intrude," Silvia apologizes as she and her mate walk in, followed by the newly arrived wolves. "We just wanted to come by to introduce you both to your new guards." Mom and dad came to stand beside us, while the WOLF members stood directly in front of us.

"Say hello to your new royal guards, Captain Clay Slate, Arthur Davis, Steve Denver, Dennis Stevens, and Kevin Myrtle, from the Minotaur WOLF Team." As Elder Mathew introduces them, each wolf bowed respectfully as their name was said.

"Next we have Captain Jake Parish, Lane Crumb, Ben Ardent, Tony Franklin, and Gregory Green, of the Banshee WOLF Team," The Elder now faces the wolf team with a smile on his face, pride shining from his eyes. "Gentlemen, this is my son and his mate, Prince Marcus and Princess Aubrielle."

I tried to move forward, holding out my hand to shake each of theirs but Marcus held me back. Surprised, I drop my hand to my side and look up at Marcus questioningly, only to notice the possessive look on his face. "Your highness," Captain Jake Parish spoke with amused, twinkling eyes. The smile on his face seemed familiar but I wasn't sure where I had seen it before. "It would be an honor to protect you both." The other nine wolves nodded affirmatively.

"We also have four Law Enforcers to help with border security," Elder Mathew says then, pointing at each of the four other people. "Janice Craven, Martin Guile, Betty Butler, and Jonas Knight." Once introductions were over, Marcus seemed a bit more relaxed.

Guiding me to one of the six tufted armchairs that occupy the spacious living area, Marcus helps me take a seat, then sat on the arm and draped his arm over the back of the chair. The room also contains a large sofa that seats five. "I'm certain that you all must have become aware that my mate is pregnant the moment our suite door opened." Marcus pointed out.

"Of course," Both captains replied while the others simply nodded.

"To be honest," Captain Jake went on to add. "We became aware of that fact the moment we stepped inside this building. Royal pups have a stronger scent than other pups."

The other Captain nodded. "Jake is correct. Because of that, we need to ensure that the Princess will be guarded at all times, no matter where she is, and that no one can enter the territory without advance permission." All the WOLF members either nodded or grunted in agreement. Most had their arms crossed over their chests, while others had their hands on their hips. All of them had chosen to remain standing while the Law Enforcers had opted to sit.

"I agree," Elder Mathew spoke next, his gaze swung from the WOLF members to myself and Marcus. "And while I have complete faith in Jake, Clay, and his respective team's abilities, I think we should consider adding Gabriel and Cain as her royal guards as an added precaution. Also, it might be a good idea to call in for more Law Enforcers as well."