•Chapter Fourteen• Waking Up

Start from the beginning

Before we knew we would be staying here an indefinite amount of time, I had every piece of furniture in the mansion-like Alpha house removed and sent to the local thrift store. I removed anything that would be a reminder of Bastian's and Camille's time occupying this home. A few pictures of his parents were hung in the packhouse and the rest were sent to the king since they were his aunt and uncle.

Reaching the door to Mathew's office, I open the door to see my mate sitting behind the desk and bent over paperwork. I stood there silently watching him and thinking back to the first time I laid eyes on this wonderful male. I was struck by how handsome he was and, to be honest, I wondered if he was just imaginary. I'm so lucky to have him as my mate.

********Flashback********

As I sat there thinking about what to do next, movement in front of me caught my attention and my eyes automatically turned in that direction. The road beyond the sign was now covered in heavy darkness, the setting sun's rays not coming close to penetrating the dense vegetation surrounding that road.

For a moment I thought I saw two golden, glowing eyes, which set my heart to pounding in my chest and my breathing to come in short gasping breaths. My hands gripped the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white. I blinked and the eyes were gone, making me think I'd imagined them. Instead, the silhouette of a tall man was coming toward the gate from the other side, head bent.

He walked with confidence, yet it had a relaxed quality to it. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he was going for a walk in the park. I wasn't sure if I should be worried or not, so I waited to see what he'd do next. As he reached the gate, his head came up and I imagined that his eyes met mine through the windshield, even though his face was hidden by the darkness.

He nonchalantly opened the gate, then stepped through it to walk to my car with unhurried steps. As he stepped out of the shadows, a soft gasp escaped my lips. The man was gorgeous! His light, blond hair seemed to take on a life of its own as it danced with the breeze, the remaining light from the sun made it look nearly white.

His eyes were an incredible shade of light blue, that twinkled with mirth as I continued to stare at him in wonder, unable to look away. With sensuous lips that promised sinful things, thick brows the same color as his hair, and the golden tan on his skin, he resembled a god come down from the heavens.

********Flashback Ends********

I had to admit Mathew hadn't changed much even though it's been close to twenty-five years since that day and he was now a grandfather. He was still drop-dead gorgeous, his looks were similar to a Greek god pictured in a textbook or a painting found in an art gallery. But the most incredible thing of all was that he was my mate, mine, and he loved me as no other could.

"If you're going to continue to stare at me like that," Mathew said as he put down the papers he had been reading and lifted his head to look at me with a lecherous grin. "I won't be able to control Goliath, or myself!"

I couldn't hold back the laugh that bubbled forth. Shaking my head, I closed the door, making sure to lock it, and walked straight to him. Mathew pushed his chair away from the desk and I took advantage of that action, quickly straddling him. "No one asked you to," I inform him as I wrap my arms around his neck and capture his lips with mine.

________________________

Aubrielle

Time went on and many people came to visit me, most of which I recognized and some I didn't. Mom would introduce anyone new to me. Pack members came daily. Also, a few council members came to visit and our king also came. There was one other visitor whose voice became as familiar as mom's, a guy named Mason. A guy mom met and seems to be interested in.