𝐌𝐞𝐭 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐚

Harry takes Gracie to the met gala (2019)

Request by: jordyn926

(The dress your wearing)

"Harry I'm nervous." I mumbled as I stood in front of the tall mirror, looking at my reflection. Harry asked me to be his date to the met gala and of course I said yes. I thought that would be a great idea at first but as it got closer and closer to the day of the met gala I started to get a little scared.

Since big crouds and a lot of people watching me wasn't really my thing I kinda want to stay home and just watch it on TV. I know going there would probably be way more interesting but not with social anxiety.

I really want to tell Harry about the idea of me not going but I don't want to disappoint him. This is a once in a lifetime experience.

"Honey, don't be. Everything is gonna be fine. You will be with me the entire time, so I'm going to protect you." he smiled as he walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I lean my head back on his shoulder and let out a sigh.

"There will be a lot of people." I whispered looking up at Harry. He brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Obviously."

"You know I don't really like people right?"

"What about me? Am I not human to you or you don't like me?" He asked, dramatically putting his hand to his chest.

"No, I really really like you." I giggled at his silliness, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around him giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I think I know what will help you with your nervousness." he mumbled in my hair as he reached down to his hand and took off the ring that was on his pinky.

"Put this on, and you can fidgit with it if you're nervous. Atleast I do it when I'm nervous." he grabbed my hand and put the ring on my pointer finger,  kissing my hand after.

"Come lets go before we're late."

-

Me and Harry are slowly making our way up the stairs, posing for a few pictures. I did as Harry told me. I played with the ring when we started to get closer to more crowded places. Although Harry tried to avoid them.

'Everything's fine', 'you're doing great', 'we're almost done' was the things he whispered to you.

When we got to the top of the stairs Harry talked to a few interviewers. And I stood by his side listening cearfully to what he's talking about.

"So I see both of you are matching tonight." the interviewer pointed out. Harry sneeked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Yes,we are. But I think she's prettier." he kissed my head.

"No, no, I pretty sure it's you." I smiled up at him.

"Well I think both of you look nice." the interviewer complimented.

-

Music played softly in the background of the party that was held inside. I was sitting outside on the balcony talking to Sarah.

Harry went somewhere with Mitch. Probably to get drinks.

"So, Gracie, how's it going? " Sarah asked proping her elbows on her knees looking at me.

"It's alright. Works been a little hectic." I sighed.

"No, no, i mean relationship wise."

"It's good. Of course I miss him when he travels for a long time but we keep in touch." it's true. Long distance relationships usually don't work out but it's different with me and Harry.

"Well I can tell he really loves you. All he ever talks about is you, it's kind of anoying, no offense." she explained.

"Non taken."

No one's ever said anything like that about me. Especially with my last boyfriend; from sixth grade. He didn't actually like me, he dated me for 2 months as a joke. But the silly part was that I actually really liked him. So when we broke up I didn't date anyone before I met Harry. And everything seemed to be better.

A few more minutes later after just gossiping and talking about Harry being a complete simp for me the boys came to us with drinks in hand.

"Hey, darling." Harry gushed as he handed me a glass of white wine, giving my forehead a kiss.

"Hi, baby." I leaned into Harry's side. He wrapped his arm around me."soo.."

"So?"

"Sarah was telling me about you" I smiled, taking a sip of my drink.

"Oh no!" He hid his face in his hands, in embarrassment.

"No, no, I think it's cute" I say as I take his hands off of his face. He's red as a tomato.

"But it is true. I really really love you. Can't stop talking or thinking about you." He chuckled wrapping his arm back around me.