𝐌𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Mae painted a portrait of Harry.

Today was just a regular Thursday afternoon, nothing special. Harry was at the studio recording a new song for the album, meanwhile I was doing my art school work.

We had to paint something that is inspiring to us. I decided to try and paint Harry. I wanted to get is done in one day without Harry seeing cause that would be a little embarrassing.

Right now im only doing the sketch, and let me tell you it's way harder than I thought (That's actually true, I tried it and it came out like something that is the complete opposite of Harry) . The face shape in particular is hard. I regret starting with the eyes, brows, nose and lips. But they look too good to erase and start all over again.

When I got a decent look I went downstairs to fill up my cup for brushes with water. As I walked back up, I grabbed my earphone cause the whole house is quiet.

I sat back down I my spiny chair and adjusted the lighting. I dipped my brush In the water and coated the whole canvas with just a layer of water, so it's easier to work with the colors.

When done I pulled out my acrylic paint from my drawer. I put the primary color on my palette and get to work. I started with the background on the top half so I can work my way down.

As I got the big stuff like the background, outfit and a few more minor details done now was the time to actually start painting the face witch I was scared to fuck up. I don't want to ruin this it's too pretty now.

I turned up the music to stop that little voice in my head from distracting me by saying I can't do it, your hand is shaking, you'll fuck it up and you already ruined it.

I first got the skin done first as a base coat, then the nose, lips and now the hard part...the eyes. It always intimidating to do them cause that's usually what pulls the whole painting together so it looks some what decent.

I got some what the shape I like and then the color. Almost ruined it because I forgot to dab the brush on the paper towel so it wouldn't explode water on the canvas and flood the whole thing.

As I got the lashes done I let out a sigh of relief and let back in my chair. I did it! And I actually like it!

"Damn that was a intense moment" I jumped up from my seat and saw Harry sitting on the bed, legs crossed and a cheeky smile on his face.

"You scared the living shit out of me" I covered my face with my hands and sat down next to him.

"How long have you been sitting here, and what did you see" I asked and turned my head towards him, he smiled and blushed a little.

"10 - 15 minutes dosen't matter, the one question I wanted to ask was, why where you painting me?" He got up and took a look at the desk where the painting was, I rushed before him and blocked it from his vision. His jaw dropped. I guess that's good or maybe it's bad.

"Mae, did you make that?!" He expressed with a little bit of a high pitch voice, I slowly nodded. He grabbed my hips and moved me aside to take a closer look.

"Wow, lovie, it's amazing! I love it!" He gushed over my painting. I smiled to myself knowing that my art teacher will probably like it too. But she's a real bitch so I'm a little nervous about showing her this.

"We had to paint something that is inspiring to us, so I painted you" I smiled and turned my head towards him. He had a little bit of tears in his eyes.

"No, no don't cry, please don't cry" I pulled him into me and hugged him as tight as possible. I could hear him sniffing so I pulled back and wiped his tears off with the pad of my thumb.

"It's soo pretty baby, I love you" he whispered

"I love you too, soo much"

"My little Picasso"

-

The reference I'm using: