t h i r t y n i n e

Start from the beginning

The freckled male immediately changed his sleepwear into a decent one. He went to Seungmin's house and dragged the sleepy boy out to the castle.

Seungmin whined, "Why are you bringing me there?"

"You're the only one who always come here. Ask Eunkyung to come down."

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "It's not that easy. Why the r–"

"Arin went missing!" Felix yelled frustratedly. "Her parents are knocking every door in this town asking for her but we haven't seen her since yesterday!"

The taller let out a tired sigh. "Let's go to the police office to file a missing report, Lix. Have her parents done that?"

"We cannot do that unless it's been 24 hours. That's why I'm asking for Eunkyung," he replied. "Maybe she can help. Please."

Seeing his friend pleading, Seungmin gave in. He went to meet the guards and asked for the princess. It took a few minutes until she came down, confused as to why the two were there early in the morning.

"What's wro–"

"The police won't do anything unless it's been 24 hours but Arin disappeared since yesterday so maybe you could help in asking them to find her?"

Both Seungmin and Eunkyung were surprised at how he said that in one breath.

"She's... missing." the girl breathed out. Then she turned to the guards, "Send this to Haknyeon, please. Yoon Arin, the daughter of the Winemaker Yoon is missing since yesterday afternoon."

The guard firmly nodded and went inside. Eunkyung hummed, "Have you had breakfast?"

"I just woke up." Seungmin muttered and shook his head.

"Eat something first and I will inform you anything later." she pushed both of them out but Felix made a sudden spin, startling her.

"If they are searching for her I'm taking a part too."

"I'm not sure about that, Felix. Haknyeon might have to send his people out and if he's searching in a suspect's house he will pass it to the police too for warrant. Are you sure she wasn't at school?"

With that, the freckled guy left to the school.

Seungmin exchanged glances with Eunkyung and shrugged, "I'm following him. He seems so worried about her."

"He has something to tell her I think," the princess replied. "I'm telling Haknyeon you're searching in the school. Until then he is not doing anything before any updates but by this afternoon her parents can already file a report."

"Will you be fine?" Seungmin asked, earning a questioning look from her. "You're doing this without the king's permission."

"My father most likely will not do anything as soon as possible. At least Haknyeon has the position to order his men, it's not a crime to do so." she sighed. "Though I'm not sure if father will be mad or not towards Haknyeon for not asking him... I don't know but if she's not found until this afternoon this will be passed to the police and my father doesn't have full power on them."

"Me and Felix will search for her for now, then. Don't bother telling them to make a move." Seungmin gave her a small smile. "Get some rest, last night was tiring."

The guards listening almost choked.

"You could have worded that better, Kim Seungmin." she muttered and sent him a death glare. The male just laughed before bowing and left.

Poor girl, the guards must have thought of something else.

"She's not here." Felix closed the last door they went in the school. Both of them were panting heavily after almost two hours searching for the missing girl in the huge school.

They walked past by the examination hall. Eyeing the empty tables and chairs, Seungmin spoke up, "I didn't see Jisung too yesterday."

"What's related to him about this?" Felix asked, out of breath.

"Just wondering why. It was the last paper then why would he skip it? It's like he disappeared with her."

That got him thinking. With silent agreement, they went to said guy's house.

However, no one was there. That raised the suspicion in them. Felix knocked the door once more but they got the same answer.

Nothing.

Seungmin went to the back of the house. The backyard was still wet from the water hose. He twisted the knob but it was locked and awfully quiet when it's nearing afternoon. It's as if they had left the place without no one realising.

"It's dark and empty." Felix came to him. "I couldn't see or hear anything inside."

"In one or two hours her parents can file a report. Bring her friends along to confirm the time she's missing." he ordered. "I think Yunseo is doing something."

"How?"

"To see if the king cares about the people or not," he sighed out. "He knows how the king is so him, the original clan will claim the title again if the king did a wrong move. It's possible to do that."

a short one because i don't like this chapter.

next chapter will be longer and a little heart fluttering i guess.