Episode 2 S2. The Heist | 5

Julianne Bailey Routledge

Kie was right about her mom loving me. Mrs. Carrera had been sitting on the couch when Kie and I arrived a little past 3 in the morning, but Kie told her that she had been at the Chateau with me all night and we had come there to get me out of the house. That I just needed to be somewhere that didn't remind me of John B.

She fixed me up a warm bath and even offered to make food, babbling about how worried she was about Kie; That being the reason she was still awake. I declined her offer and she made up the guest room for me, telling me to make me feel at home.

She treated me well, even though the last time I had been at their house was when I went to Midsummers with them.. Which I got kicked out of after me and JJ's altercation with Rafe and Kelce.

By 7 the next morning, Kie and I were at the draining point with JJ and Pope.

"This is the north drain. It should've gotten washed into the gully." JJ pointed out, "So, if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like-"

"-Somewhere in this trash." Pope finished.

"Correct."

Kie sighed, "People who use plastic should be shot."

I glanced over at her. Too soon, Kie.

JJ only shrugged and began pulling a net, "Okay, personally, I love plastic. Use it everyday. Love the stuff."

"Okay, hopefully you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean."

"I thought you'd say something like that, so.. trash bags." Pope held a few up at us.

Kie smiled, "Did you just proactively protect the environment?"

"Maybe."

"You want me to leave you to alone, or what's going on?" JJ pointed out their obvious flirting.

Pope threw a trash bag at him, "Now you know how we felt with you and Jules."

JJ grabbed the bag, "Just pick up the trash."

We spent the next few hours picking up bags and bags of trash. No gun.

"Well that was fun." JJ threw his sixth bag of trash up over the drain.

"If it's not in the trash, then it's gotta be in the storm drain."

"It's in the drain."

I sighed, "Of course it is."

"Good thing I brought the crow." JJ dug through our bag for the crow bar he apparently brought.

"So, are we gonna do, like, rock, paper, scissors?" Kie asked.

"No."

"Or alphabetically?"

"Nah. On three, Pope." On three, they lifted the drain covering and sit it to the side.

"Or, like, nose goes?"

"In the sewer," JJ began, "there's this worm that you get when you're down there. It gets into your blood, and then it has to come out your pecker. So, uh.. that would be a hard pass for me."