C H A P T E R 9 8

Jessica and Finnick finally found peace.

In the cruelty that was reality, they found love and happiness with each other. The pair moved back to District 4 and spent the rest of their lives surrounded by the ones they love, taking strolls along the beech as the sun set or watching the sun rise through the bedroom curtains.

They would spend time on the beech when the weather was warm, letting the rays of sun beam down on their skin as the waves splashed against them, cool and refreshing.

When the world turned cold and was covered by a blanket of white, they would sit inside, cuddled on the sofa, with hot chocolate in hand, surrounded by blankets and the warm flickering fire from the fireplace.

Despite the world throwing whatever it could at Jessica Odair, she always got back up again. And now, she finally got her reward, the life she always wanted.

She was an incredible aunt who all the kids adored and looked up to, she saw her family frequently and she had the love of her life stood by her side forever and always.

After everything the pair have been through, they always come back to each other in the end.

E X T R A S C E N E

As the Odair's sat on the beech, their dog Leah bounding through the water, they felt truly at peace.

The moon shone brightly above them, a glowing drop of paint on a canvas of possibility and hope, flooding the scene with its flickering light as more starts appeared besides it, as if they were splattered by the same paintbrush.

The euphoric sphere reflected in the dark sea, accentuating its colour. Great paint strokes of different blue shades swept across the lower canvas of their surroundings, create a peaceful view. A safe haven.

As Finnick's fingers brushed against his wife's cheek, causing a light blush to appear, he smiled. Despite all the pain and loss, disgust and sadness, anger and fear, it all worked out in the end. He had the only person he'd ever need by his side. He placed his lips onto hers longingly, locking them together as they fit perfectly.

AN: idk how I feel about this one🤷‍♀️