C H A P T E R 7 0

Finnick led Jessica back to their compartment, where she finally relaxed her tense shoulders as she exhaled a shaky, unsteady breathe.

She placed her hands on her waist so her fingertips just touched across her stomach.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat.

It wasn't working. She could not, no matter what, get the images out of her head.

It was as if she could actually feel: the baton collide with her body, the fog-like gas consume her followed by an even greater pain as the water drowned her with only a second of relief before the process happened again, the electricity from the whip not only leaving harsh bloody cuts on her back but causing a shock to course throughout her entire body, the venom travel through her veins as it heated her whole body like she was being burnt alive, her sore scratchy throat from screaming.

She could almost see: the blood coating her clothes and matted into her hair as it leaked onto the once off-white floor, the sharp needle of the syringe being pressed into her soft skin, the fog surrounding her, the baton being lifted, the whip sparking with electric energy, the peacekeepers dressed in white and armed with guns approaching her to steal her away for another unknown amount of time.

It felt like she could hear: her body and mind breaking, the screams of both herself and her friends, the shouts and pleads for help, the peacekeepers footprints, Snow's voice asking for answers she wouldn't give, Snow's maniacal laugh as he enjoyed her pain and suffering, the suspenseful silence as all her friends were unconscious leaving her alone with her thoughts.

She felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist as a pair of larger hands help her smaller ones which had tightened around her clenched stomach as she forced it to keep her food down as she was snapped out of her thoughts.

She handing realised til now that she was hyperventilating, her breathing to quick for her brain to keep up with.

Finnick slowly turned her round, "love," as soon as her body was facing his, she was engulfed into a hug. His large arms tightened around her smaller frame. "Shhh, you're alright. It's alright. I'm here, Princess, always."

He stroked her hair and placed a kiss on the top of her head. She burrows her head into his chest listening to his breathing as she feels his chest fall and rise. She finds that, in his arms, her breathing slows down as it matches his own. 

Without realising when or how, she ended up on the small couch, curled up into Finnick's side as he happily and willingly held her.

Every now and then he would reassure her that she was okay and away from Snow until she fell asleep, sleeping peacefully in his arms.

AN: again, if this wasn't accurate, I apologise. I have only had a few panic attacks and have never suffered PTSD
Also, sorry this is quite short.