• Sleeping Beauty •

I spent the day watching Jorde making "private" phone calls. Kira went back to the hotel to grab my remaining insulin vials as well as her phone.

"You look kinda pale. Are you sure you're okay?" Jorde asked and I panicked a little.

"Is that your subtle way of telling me that I look awful?" I asked and he breathed out a chuckle.

"When will that ever be true." He asked before smiling at me. I couldn't help but smile back at him.

"Is my passport ready yet?" I asked and Jorde scratched the back of his neck.

"A few more hours to go." He said so I sighed tiredly.

"Can I take a nap in the meantime?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, I'll wake you up when Kira gets back." He said before looking back at his computer screen. I curled up onto the leather couch in his office before drifting off to sleep.

"Heaven," Calix said and my eyes widened.

"Calix?" I asked before getting up from the couch.

"Is there something you wanna tell me?" He asked and I nervously bit onto my bottom lip.

"Wake up sleeping beauty." Someone said and I flew upright on the couch. I violently looked around the room and realized that it was just a dream.

He doesn't know. Not that there is anything to know. I don't even know. Nobody has to know. Fuck.

"Our cab is outside. We're going to the airport." Kira said and I smiled brightly.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded.

"Come on Jorde's already waiting for us outside." She said so I got up from the couch and went outside with her.

It was dark outside and the cool air of the night blew through my hair. I'll come back here one day. To the city of love. And I'll be happy.

I pushed the feeling of guilt to the back of my head and climbed into the cab. We drove to the airport and everything went down smoothly.

But I had to constantly look over my shoulder. I feared for the lives of the only two people brave enough to help me.

Calix isn't here so I have nothing to worry about. He can't kill them or anyone I care about.

I rested my head on Jorde's shoulder and closed my eyes. I like him, he's nice and genuine. And I chose to ignore the side glances that Kira gave me whenever I would do stuff like that.

A few hours later I woke up in my country. I smiled broadly before climbing down the stairs of the airplane. I breathed in the fresh air before smiling at both Kira and Jorde.

We climbed into a black SUV and drove down an all too familiar road. The road home. I placed my head against the window and stared up at the blue sky.

I'm home! I'm home! I'm freaking home!

We stopped in front of my family home. I saw my mom and dad standing outside of the house.

As soon as the driver stopped the car. I jumped out and ran towards them with open arms.

They hugged me tightly and I consoled myself in their sobs. Because I know that they missed me just as much as I missed them.

My dad grabbed my face into his hands before placing a kiss on my forehead. I cried as I looked into his eyes. He spun me in the air and I laughed with joy.

He placed me back on the ground and I locked eyes with my mom. Her eyes were welled up with tears and I wordlessly pulled her flush against my chest. Because I know.

"Thank you," I said in a trembling tone. "Without you, I wouldn't have made it this far," I told Kira and Jorde who smiled at me.

I went over and hugged them both individually. I laughed at what Jorde told me in my ear.

"Can't wait," I told him before winking then I pulled Kira into a tight hug.

"I hope there's a next time," I told her and she smiled at me.

"I hope you're not talking about our window episodes." She said and we both laughed. "I'll see you later kid." She said and I nodded before hugging her again.

They waved at us before leaving with the cab we came in.

"Honey who are those people?" My dad asked and I frowned.

"Wait, Dad. You're the one who hired them." I said and my dad frowned at me.

"No, I didn't. That's the first time I've seen them." He said and my mom frowned deeply.

"I recognize those tattoos." My mom said and I looked at her quizzically.