79(Part I): The Fear Was Real

Начните с самого начала

"Tiara, Tiara." A voice that sounded much like Derrek's whispered.

Slowly, I opened my eyes into slits, oblivious to what had just occurred. It took me a few moments to realize where I was and the position I was in, then, the pain kicked in.

My head was up against the dashboard of the car and I ached all over. I was in an uncomfortable position and my ribs hurt everytime I took a breath. I felt something wet flowing down my face and I lifted my trembling hand to touch it. I immediately knew I was bleeding and I panicked. I pushed myself off the dashboard to rest back on the car seat with the strength I could muster up, then, I turned to the side as I remembered that Derrek had called out to me and I saw him with his head against the steering wheel. His head was tilted downwards so I couldn't tell if he was conscious or not but he wasn't moving at all and that scared me.

"Derrek." I reached out to him. My arms felt heavy, my whole body did, and each move I made hurt like hell. I wished all of this turned out to be a dream but the pain felt so real. The fear was real.

I managed to move him off the steering wheel and back to the seat and I let out a strangled cry as I saw the blood flowing down his face. His eyes were closed and he remained unmoving.

"Derrek." I mumbled once again but I got no response. I looked ahead as I began to call out for help but my voice came out in tiny whispers.

Out the windscreen, I noticed something that I hadn't before. It was the car that had crashed into us, attached to the squashed car bonnet and behind the wheel was none other than Candice. She had her head back on the headrest and she was still. I couldn't tell if she was unconscious or dead.

My eyes suddenly felt heavy and my vision became blurry as the last of my strength had drained from me. I had used it all up, calling for help and there wasn't much left I could do to save myself or Derrek. I was weak and bleeding out and so was Derrek. If we didn't get help soon, I feared for our lives.

"Oh my God! Tiara!" I heard a voice scream and I felt relief wash over me. We were saved.

"Help. Derrek isn't moving." I managed to mumble before I fell into unconsciousness.

"Miss Digiola?" The prosecutor called once again and I was brought back to reality. It took me a moment to realize that I had been crying.

"I'm sorry." I apologized as I cleaned away my tears and I took in several deep breaths as I tried to pull myself together, then, I began to recall what I had seen and experienced that night. "...When I saw Derrek lying there, unconscious and covered in blood, I thought I was going to loose him forever. I was helpless. I was hurting and bleeding. I was weak and scared. I was afraid that if I closed my eyes, I was never going to wake up again and it was all because of Candice Woods, the girl who would have rather killed all three of us than let Derrek and I be happy together." I cleaned the tears streaming down my face and stared down to the ground.

I took in a deep breath to calm myself down as I proceeded to speak.

"Every time I close my eyes, I see the bright, blinding lights shinning in my eyes and I hear the sound of Candice's car crashing into ours. I have nightmares every night about the accident and sometimes I can't even breathe. I keep looking over my shoulder, wondering if Candice is going to try to kill me again and if she will finally succeed at taking my life and I am truly terrified for my life." I glanced at Candice who just rolled her eyes. She didn't even regret her actions. Did she really have no heart at all? No conscience?

"The defense claims that the defendant had lost control of her car as her brakes failed and that is why she had crashed into your car. Would you say this is true?"