🇮🇳CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN~

Both the Men's and the Women's team were able to win the Test Series against New Zealand, however, the Men's team lost the ODI series but the women were able to whitewash the Kiwis in both the series and various articles were being written on them, some news channel even had the audacity to compare the teams and write negative things about the men. However, the BCCI was planning something, the idea of which had been thought about many a times, but never executed.

But this time, with the kind of popularity the young Women's team has gained in such a short time, maybe because the way they were playing or majorly because all of them were goodlooking and had many followers, their popularity was provoking the fans to demand tournaments where both the teams will be seen either playing against each other or with each other, forming different teams, like IPL. And, the second idea was very much applauded and was the most thought idea of the sports department.

"Okay so Girls, we have won the Test and the ODIs, now the T20 awaits us. Our focus should be on winning. Simply on winning. If we could do it in the first two series then we would do it in T20s as well,"Mahi Bhai said to the girls during their training session.

"Bhai, we have a break of two months before the England series, what I was thinking is that can we have another match with the Men's team?"Drishti asked and the girls exclaimed together,"yes yes please Sir."

Mahi Bhai chuckled and said,"don't worry, you will be able to play with them as a team most probably. BCCI is deciding to introduce a new tournament named Indian Cricket League, where both the Men and Women players will take part."

The girls looked at each other and cheered and clapped in excitement and he added,"and England ke baad you all will have a home series with South Africa. So lagatar Cricket ka aadat daal lo chhoriyon."

"Whooooooo!"the girls made sounds and squealed in joy before he added,"but all these are just warm ups. Asli target to World Cup hain. And you all have to win it, remember."

The girls went silent and he said,"aaj ke liye itna practice kaafi hain, disperse. Bass yaad rakhna ki dhyan game se na hatey kisi bhi keemat par." He said the last line looking at Drishti and walked away.

"End mein World Cup ka naam sunte hi confidence puncture hogaya achanak se,"Drishti said to Trishani while walking through their hotel's corridor after they were back from the training ground.

Trishani chuckled and said,"haan voh toh hain hi. But ICL sounds interesting naa?"

"Haan quite interesting. Soch, kitna kuch sikhne ko milega. Everything's like a dream yaar. Yakeen hi nahi ho raha hain ki these things are taking place."

"Haan soch ek saal pehele humne toh India khelne ka bhi nahi socha tha aur abhi yeh sab."

"Haan yaar,"Drishti said and saw Richa and Shubman walking away together and she added,"lagta hain Gill ne chura liya hain apne Bajla ka dil."

"Aur aapka dil hum ne,"Shreyas said while coming from behind.

Trishani glared at him as he stood beside Drishti. Rishabh saw the trio and came towards them while Drishti said,"areh Shreyyyyuuu!"and gave him a hug and added,"aajka practice session was so intense. Apna batao."

"Ours too, darling,"Shreyas said.

"Kya ho raha hain idhar?"Rishabh asked in an irritated tone while coming there.

Trishani stood crossing her arms and said,"vohi jo ho raha hain iss tour ke suru seh."

"You mean to say dating? Abhi kaha? We haven't started officially yet. Actually isi baarein mein puchhna tha tumhe Guddi,"Shreyas said and looked at Drishti and added,"shaam ko na ghumne chalte hain, wahi we will discuss. You have a dress right?"