26

felix pov

school was done for the day and i decided to invite jisung over, since it was just me and jeongin in the house today. he had agreed, and was now on his way over.

there was a knock on the door a few minutes later and i knew exactly who it was.

"hi jisung!" i said happily, pulling the shy boy into a hug, which he returned immediately.

when i pulled away, i noticed his eyes seemed red and his cheeks were a bit puffier than normal. i didn't say anything yet, since jeongin was also ready to greet him.

"hi felix, hi jeongin." he said, giving both of us a smile.

i could see right through it though, something was up. after he greeted jeongin, i linked my arm with his and led him to my room, shutting the door behind me.

"ji, what's wrong?" i asked, concern written all over my expression. he smiled slightly at the new nickname, his face returning solemn as he sat down on my bed with me.

"i um-" his voice was shaky and immediately i reached for his hand. not even in a romantic way, just in a comforting friend way. he seemed to be comforted by it, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"when i went into the bathroom yesterday, my b-boyfriend had just broken up with me. harshly. minho was my boyfriend." he breathed in sharply and i resisted the slight urge to gasp.

minho had a boyfriend?
and it was this pure, sweet boy?

"i um, saw him with a girl from school and they, they, th-" a tear slipped down his face and my hand shot up to wipe it.

"you don't have to continue." i soothed, rubbing his hand lightly. he shook his head.

"no i want to. um, they were making out.." my heart broke at his words, knowing how much that must've broken his own heart.

"ji.. i'm so sorry." i comforted, trying my best to soothe him.

"and i um, confronted him about it. because we were on a date, and i um, he said he had to use the bathroom-m. but he was taking a while so i went looking for him and s-saw them s-so i ran away. i confronted him and he shouted at m-me, called me useless, everything else under the sun. it was so hard to say his name when i was lying to chan.." he drew in a shaky breath, drawing his lip between his teeth and biting it to refrain from releasing more tears.

i pulled him into a hug, letting him cry into my shoulder, which he did. i heard his choked sobs and felt his tears streaming onto my clothes but i didn't care.

i turned my head to the door when i heard it open, seeing a concerned jeongin standing there. i motioned with my head for him to enter, knowing he'd be able to help. he quietly came in and sat down on my bed, none of which jisung noticed.

jeongin set his hand on the boys head, who was now clinging onto me in my lap. he jumped up at the light touch, waving his head around to see where it had come from. when he noticed jeongin he seemed to relax a little bit, resting his head back in the crook of my neck.

we stayed that way for a while, comforting the small boy who had already made his way into our hearts.

-

jisung pov

i ended up falling asleep in felixs arms, but i knew he wouldn't mind. this was the first time i had slept since saturday night. as i slept, i dreamed of the events from yesterday which only made me want to wake up.

"i'm gonna run to the bathroom, okay!?" i said, bouncing up and down a little from the need to pee. minho chuckled at my antics and nodded, which i immediately sprinted to the bathroom.

when i returned, i couldn't find minho anywhere. i began looking around the area we had just been at, searching almost frantically for his purple hair.

i continued to wander around, becoming worried as i still hadn't found him. i decided to check behind the bathroom, thinking he had maybe gone to smoke like he normally does, even though i hated it.

what i saw, i hated even more.

minho had a girl pressed against the wall, his hands sliding up her shirt as he kissed her. her hands were practically down his pants and i had to look away.

i bit down on the inside of my cheek to keep from sobbing, tasting blood immediately. the sounds of their kissing was getting louder with each second, tearing my heart into a million pieces.

the man i loved with my entire heart for 1 full year, cheating.

and today was our fucking anniversary.

-

felix pov

i had managed to lay jisung down in my bed and tuck him in so that i could go make food for him for when he woke up. i was currently making cheesecake and waiting for the other food to be delivered.

since none of us had known jisung for very long, we had no idea what he liked and disliked, so i just ordered a huge tray of sushi. and plus, who doesn't like cheesecake?

a light knock at the door told me that my food had arrived and i yelled for jeongin.

"innie can you get that for me?" i asked sweetly, motioning to a $5 on the table for the tip money. he ran into the kitchen and grabbed it, shooting me a smile and doing what i had asked.

i pulled the cheesecake out of the oven, letting it sit out on the counter to cool down before chilling it.

jeongin appeared with a large bag of food, setting it on the counter with a smile. "you want me to wake him or are you going to?" jeongin asked, gazing at me intently.

"i got it." i said, ruffling his hair as i walked past him.

"jisung.. wake up doll," i cooed, lightly shaking the boys arm to gently wake him. after a few seconds his eyes began to open, his cheeks puffing out as he tried to wake himself up.

"i have food for you ji. you know you need to eat." i said caringly, putting my hand behind his back and helping him sit up.

his nose was still red and stuffy from crying but he had stopped, which i was glad. the bags under his eyes told me that he had barely slept up until now.

i looked at him with sympathy as i helped him up and he followed me into the kitchen, where jeongin had set everything out and had everything prepared for us.

"thank you doll." i said, hugging jeongin before i sat down. i watched jisungs eyes light up as he saw the sushi displayed in front of us, various sauces spread out across the table.

"...thank you. for caring so much about me even though i'm practically a stranger.." jisung said almost sadly, his eyes sparkling as he looked to me and then jeongin. i went to speak but jeongin was already doing so.

"you're family now."