6

tw! attempted suicide

felix pov

i swiftly walked to my next class, trying to find yeonjun before chan found me. i slid past a few people that were talking, rushing to my classroom. i knew chan would be worse today after seeing my cuts yesterday.

i saw the door to my classroom, speeding up my legs even more to get there before i could be spotted. when i emerged into the classroom, i breathed out heavily and went to my seat next to yeonjun. he gave me a worried glance and i gave him a small smile, plopping down next to him.

the class drug on, with yeonjun poking me in the ribs every few minutes to be annoying. i retaliated by putting my hand on his thigh, watching him freak out. this was normal for us, to flirt with each other often.

"i win." i whispered with a triumphant grin, earning a pout from yeonjun.

class finished soon after that and it was lunch time, how fun.

i walked yeonjun to the cafeteria until we saw soobin, and yeonjuns face lit up. he turned to me with a torn expression, and i smiled and told him to go and he scurried away quickly to soobins smiling face.

i laughed to myself, turning around and walking up the steps again. just as i had expected, chan and his group were where i needed to walk, blocking my path. i groaned, earning their attention, but continued to walk.

"awee look who joined us again!" minho snickered, watching as i tried to walk past them, laughing when chan yanked me back. i sighed, waiting for the same fate as every day.

"thought you'd get past us today huh? wrong." chan snickered, grabbing a fistful of my hair and tilting my head up to look at him. i kept my face blank, mirroring my thoughts.

"it's what i deserve. just do it before i do something to myself." i muttered, slightly shocking chan but he hid it.

"what's that supposed to mean?" changbin spoke up, getting closer to us. i shrugged and looked at him in the eyes.

"don't really want to live, might as well beat me right? i was on my way to the roof either way." i said nonchalantly, catching the boys off guard. they all shared a glance, with hyunjin standing at the back again.

"maybe we should let him go.. then maybe we won't be at fault." hyunjin said quietly, his words taking me by surprise.

chan also looked shocked, but he pondered his reply and agreed. he let go of my hair, shoving me away from them with a grin.

"have fun on the roof whore." chan snickered, his words making me slightly angry. i spun around and glared at him.

"if i'm a whore at least i get more action than you." i spun back on my heels and heard footsteps behind me but they were intercepted by minho.

i didn't look back to them as i continued to the roof, flicking them off with both hands as i walked with a grin on my face.

i quietly opened the door to the roof, knowing the school never locked it. i emerged, looking around at the barren roof and began to slowly walk around it. when i reached close to the edge, i looked down.

maybe i should just do it now. get it over with.

i moved to the ledge, sitting down with crossed legs and peering over the edge.

but yeonjun. and seungmin.

i thought some before hearing the bell ring, meaning lunch was over. i stayed still, looking at the peaceful ground below me.

i stayed up there until the final bell rang, dismissing classes for the day. i decided to stand up, balancing next to the ledge.

i watched the students file out of the building in hoards, seeing a certain yellow haired boy looking around in confusion.

i smiled sadly, realizing i wouldn't be able to tell him goodbye if i was going to do this. i stepped up the actual ledge and began to walk down the side of the roof, centimeters away from slipping.

a sudden scream caused me to stop walking and look down. a girl was pointing at me, causing others to stop and look as well. i watched as whispers spread throughout the crowd.

i watched yeonjuns head snap upwards, and i could almost see his heart shatter. he began pushing violently through the crowd, soobin right behind him. i then saw chan, changbin, and minho off to the side, looking up with a shocked face.

"is he really gonna jump??" some girl asked, others basically repeating her question.

"i didn't know he was suicidal!?"

"he was such a sweet boy too."

i continued my walk, holding my arms out to keep me steady until i decided i was ready. i let my hands dangle at my sides now, carelessly walking centimeters from death like it was nothing.

i was reaching the end of the roof, where it turned to the left. if i was going to do this, i wouldn't turn. i'd just walk off.

i was 3 feet away from the corner, the spot that would mark my death.

2 feet.

1 foot.

a few inches.

i held my breath as i hovered one foot in the air over the edge, closing my eyes.

just as i allowed my body to finally fall forward, the roof door slammed open and within seconds there was a tight pair of arms around me, yanking me backwards and we both toppled to the floor of the roof.

i finally opened my eyes and looked down, seeing someone's hands tightly clasped around my waist.

the next second the door was slamming open again, revealing a sobbing yeonjun and a crying soobin. my body was frozen as i watched the boys sprint towards me, snatching me out of the boys grasp.

yeonjun immediately pulled me into his chest and his sobs rang through my ears, breaking my heart.

his arms were wrapped around my neck, his head in the crook of my neck and his arm, while soobin was behind me hugging me from behind. my shirt soon became soaked as their tears fell onto me, and my tears mixed with theirs.

i pulled away after a minute, realizing someone other than these two had saved me. i pried yeonjun from my neck, slowly standing up and turning around to see something shocking.

"hyunjin?"