Chapter - 30 - Love in the air

Before moving into the chapter, I wanted to thank everyone of you reading this story. I did not expect to come this far, when I started writing this.

Thank You Guys

Now, are you guys ready for a New Character?

Sorry there is no Vijay and Kavitha in this chapter, but by the story in my mind there will be more Vijay and Kavitha.
--------------------------------------------------------------

She stood there holding the railing of her room's balcony with a coffee mug. She don't know why but she was missing them. She left everything for them to be safe. She left her home; her mom; her friends and her life in her hometown. She didnot got any updates from them for the past two days and she was much worried.

"We are in a operation. Don't know when I will call you. Take care of yourself"

It was the last message she heard from her better half. Now she was worried for him and his best friend who happens to be her cousin.

"Suchi, it's getting late", her friend Anita's voice brought her back to the present. She decided to call her favorite cousin Viji for the happenings in her home later in the evening. Now she decided to address the problem in hand, that is to get ready for the college.

"Yeah coming", she replied and went inside her apartment to get ready for the college.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the other side of the world, he stared at the rising sun through the windows from his room. His thoughts went back to her. It's their anniversary but he was not able to be with her. She came as a whirlwind in his boring life and brightened every nook and corner of his life. Thinking of her, his memories went back to the day when he kissed her. It happened at the very same room where he was standing now. That day was a public holiday for them. Their siblings called them to play hide and seek with them. Though they were in college, they loved playing with their cute devils. He had hidden in the closet of her room. After few minutes, she came dashing into the closet making him fall. As she had gripped his hands, she too fell on him. He could see the beautiful face, widened eyes, pink kissable lips,a strand of her falling on her face. Nobody moved an inch. Without thinking about anything he placed his lips on her's. And at that moment, when both were savoring each other, he decided to not let her go. His love for her mulitipled and he was not able to hold him anymore. He deepened the kiss and she responded with the same passion answering his silent question through his kisses.
That was the best day of his life. When they came out of the closet, his friend was standing there with a serious face. He chuckled remembering his words.

"You hurt her, I will forget you are my friend"

They both hugged him and continued playing with their siblings.Even after few years, he could remember her blushing face; he could remember the feel when she clutched his shirt tightly. She was beautiful in every way.  When many of the girls studying with them worried about their looks, she always cared about her food. He chuckled remembering the way she always whine when her snacks was taken away from her. It was a fond memory for him.

They were returning home from their college in a bus. It was nearly midnight, he felt a poking on his side, waking him from his deep slumber. He saw her laying on his chest and his eyes wandered over her cute little face. She loved cuddling with him.She looked beautiful in the dim light, the bus provided.

"What", he asked in a husky voice. He knew, his husky voice will always have a effect on her. He could feel the goosebumps spreading on her body. He chuckled watching her eyes widening. Can he resist the pout she had on her lips?

He gently pecked her lips and pulled away from her. He knew exact reason for her to wake up him in the middle of the night. It's her usual thing. She will get hungry in the middle of the night during their journey. He don't know whether it was an act to get his attention or she was really hungry.He got up from his seat and reached for his bag which he had kept above in the cabin provided for them. He could see the gracious smile adorning her face. He took out the biscuits he had and her smile widened. He settled down in his seat without giving her the biscuits. She frowned seeing him tearing apart the cover and having a piece of chocolate biscuit in hands. She got the mischievous glint in his eyes and she very well knew, it is not good for her.

"Come on yaar, let me have it", she said in the same husky voice as him.

"Hmmm..but I am also hungry", he replied and ate away the biscuit without looking at her. No one messes with her hungry self. Her smile vanished, she sat up straight and turned away from him to look out. He chuckled seeing her angry pout and even before she blinked her eyes, he turned her towards him and placed his lips on her making her to forget her hunger. He gave her the much needed biscuit through his kiss and she smiled. He pulled away from the kiss and saw her blushing face.

"Hmmm..I got a tasty snack. What about you?, he asked in the same husky voice and she hide her face in the crook of his neck. He smiled and pulled her more towards him. He rubbed her arms smoothly making her sleep. Soon, he felt her fast asleep on his chest. He too slept after placing a kiss on her forehead and thanking the God for bringing her into his life.

He sighed.

He missed her so much today but he can not call her and let her know how much he missed her. Due to his profession and family situation he had to maintain distance from her. It's not like he can meet her, she was far away from him. His best friend tricked him to send her away. Though the decision was proving to be good, he can not help but to miss her.

"Sashi"

He sighed and turned back to see his best friend's smiling face. Vijay came forward and did the most needed thing for Sashi.

Vijay hugged him and patted his back. He chuckled,

"That's enough. It's kind of creepy you know", Sashi said. Vijay broke his hug and gave him a smirk. Sashi looked at his smirk doubtfully. He raised his eye brows at his best friend.

"Don't you want to speak to her", Vijay asked with the same smirk.

"Ha ha...says the one who separated two hearts", Sashi replied with a sigh.

"Don't be dramatic. I arranged for a private number for you to contact her", Vijay said with a wink. Sashi looked at him unbelievably.

"Consider this as an anniversary gift from my side", Vijay replied and patted the shoulder of his friend. Sashi immediately hugged his friend tightly.

"Wow, now who is creepy", Vijay said and reciprocated his hug with a smile.

"Thank you Vijay", Sashi said breaking their hug.

"Oh ho, the great ACP Sashi was blushing", Vijay said.

"Yeah, I was thinking about the things she will do for me", Sashi said with a teasing smile.

"No Sashi, we are not discussing your love life with my cousin" Vijay said immediately with a poker face.

Sashi shrugged his shoulders and turned away. But he got a idea to embrass his friend. (That's what a best friend will do right?)

"Then Vijay what's with calling Kavitha immediately after getting up from the bed", Sashi asked Vijay with a cocky smile. Vijay's smile immediately faded. Sashi was not blind to see his friend's smile fading away.

"What's wrong Vijay", Sashi asked instantly moving closer to Vijay.

"Sashi it's getting late, we have an important meeting to attend.Go and get ready", Vijay said and moved out of his room leaving behind a stunned Sashi.

"Shit I ruined his good mood", Sashi hissed and went back to get ready sighing.