Chapter 14- "Nathan?"

"Nathan?" Alexa gaped at her familiar tall, brunette friend.

"Lex, follow me." He said quickly, looking around bewilderedly.

"What?"

"Just follow me! I'll explain once we reach somewhere we can't be overheard." He said, grabbing Alexa's hand and going through the forest.

Alexa was so confused. How did Nathan get here? How did he know about this place?

They kept walking through the forest for about 5 minutes, until they reached a tree house.

"Listen" Nathan said, stopping by the ladder that led up "I'll go up, and then I'll tell you if it's safe to come."

Alexa nodded as Nathan climbed up the ladder and went inside. After 5 seconds, he popped his head out and told Alexa that she could come up. She climbed up the ladder, and Nathan helped her.

"Now, tell me how you came here." He said quietly.

"I could ask you the same!" Alexa said

"Shh!" he begged her "We have to make sure no one hears us."

"First tell me how you know about this place, and I'll tell you too." Nathan said, sitting down on a chair and pointing Alexa to another.

"Alright." She took a deep breath "I came here because I saw...visions. Visions of my mom when she was younger. Of her family, of the palace and this place. My mom was...the princess. She was crowned queen but then she ran away because she wanted to start a new life with my dad. It all started when I got this locket." She showed him the golden locket.

"Of course..." Nathan said slowly "Princess Daisy...it's not like there are multiple Daisys in town..."

"Now, tell me how you got here." Alexa said, folding her arms.

"Well, er" Nathan said "I'm a citizen. I've lived here all my life."

"But-" Alexa began, but then something clicked. "We've never actually met your parents...How could we never realize? So, where are your parents?"

"I don't have parents." He said staring at the floor "All those excuses...they weren't real, because I don't have parents. I was here, in this kingdom."

"I'm so sorry Nathan-" Alexa whispered and they both hugged. Alexa felt terrible. They've known each other for years, how didn't she realize?

"It's okay." He sniffed "I do my work alone, and I have a house and it's all great." He smiled. But then the smiled faded.

"Wait...but if Mrs. Cooper was Daisy, then... then you're a princess. The princess that was never seen." He suddenly looked scared "We need to get you out of here." He said as he slightly nudged Alexa.

"Why?" she asked "I wanna see everything. My mom's brother, Erik, would still be king, right?" she asked

"Yes, but you can't stay here. It's dangerous."

"Just tell me why." Alexa said "I'm not gonna leave unless you tell me."

Nathan stopped for a second, then looked at his watch and looked up to Alexa.

"Look, Lex. It's 8:45. The portal closes at 9, and you'll be stuck here. We gotta go now."

"Okay, but I'll be back tomorrow." She said, crossing her arms again.

"Er- we'll see about that." He said in a rush.

They both ran through the woods just in time to reach the portal with two minutes left on the clock.