Chapter 3: School

Chapter 3: School

Alexa and Lucy got ready for school the next morning and head downstairs. Nathan had become almost like a member of the family. He came to school with them, almost every day and was downstairs in the kitchen, helping her dad with breakfast.

"Nathan you really didn't have to-" they heard him, saying

"I insist, sir." Nathan cut across.

When the girls came downstairs, there were eggs, bacon and toast on the table.

"Nathan did you make all this?" Asked Alexa in surprise.

"Yeah. It's not much, really but-" said Nathan

"No, this is really good!" said Lucy, taking a bite of the crunchy bacon.

Nathan grinned.

After having a great breakfast, they all were still quite ahead of time, and decided to walk to school.

It was a slightly windy day; the sun was shining dimly. They reached school ten minutes before class and started to talk while waiting for the classes to start.

They started to talk about what they would do after school.

"Let's watch a movie!" Nathan suggested.

"Good Idea!" agreed Oliver.

"Oh, I don't know..." shrugged Alexa

"Oh, come on, Lex. You can't just go home and be sad for the rest of your life! You have to come with us." Insisted Lucy.

"Okay, fine but-" she started exasperatedly, when someone interrupted

"Hi, Nathan!" said their classmate, Stephanie, who no one liked because she was mean. She was just like one of those stereotypical mean girls that were shown in movies, that made her worse.

"Oh, er- hey, Stephanie." Said Nathan.

"Oh please, call me Steph!" she giggled and turned towards Alexa.

Nathan rolled his eyes.

"I'm really sorry about your mom," she said, holding Alexa's hand. "I understand what you're going through."

"Really? You've also had a parent die?" said Alexa, slightly shocked.

"Oh, no. But I did have a really good friend who I use to talk to everyday."

"And they passed away?"

"No, but moved to another city. I haven't talked to her since." And she gave Alexa a slightly sympathetic smile and went away, completely ignoring Lucy and Oliver.

"I hate her so much," Nathan sighed while Lucy giggled.

"But she likes you." Alexa smirked.

"W-well I like someone else." Nathan blurted.

Lucy stopped giggling.

"Who?" Alexa said, nudging him.

"Er- which movie are we gonna watch in the evening?" Nathan said nervously.

"Don't change the subject!" said Oliver, which made Nathan turn even more pink. Lucy was also turning more and more red by the moment.

In the end, they gave up, because Nathan wasn't budging.

"I still bet he likes you." Alexa whispered to Lucy, which made her blush deep red.

After school, they all walked back home. Oliver and Lucy's home came before them, so they dropped her off and Nathan and Alexa walked towards their homes.

"Hey, Nathan. Could I ask you something?"

"Sure,"

"You like Lucy, don't you?" she asked, suppressing a giggle.

"Er- oh, yay your home's here!" He said, as they come to her home.

"You can't avoid this question forever." Alexa grinned as she walked towards her home.

Nathan grinned and waved at her, and he left.

She went straight to her room as her dad would come later in the evening, and took a nap.

At 6, Alexa left her house and met Lucy and Oliver at the Mall. Nathan wasn't there. She called him.

"Hey, Nathan? Why aren't you here yet? The movie's about to start." Asked Alexa.

"I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you. I'm feeling kinda sick, so I won't be able to come. But I hope you guys will enjoy the movie!" he answered

"Oh, okay. Take care. I'll see you tomorrow, I guess!" Alexa said and hung up the phone.

They watched a comedy movie, and had lots of fun.

After the movie, they were all tired and hungry, and after saying goodbye, they all went home.

Alexa went home and met her dad there.

"Enjoyed the movie, kiddo?" her dad smiled at her.

"Yeah. It was so much fun!"

"You must be hungry."

"Ha, ha yeah."

Her dad had made a casserole, which was very tasty. She hugged her father Good Night, and, as she was going her dad suddenly remembered something.

"Hey, Lex?"

Hey! So things start getting interesting from next chapter, so stay tuned! Again, thank you so much! You're special, own it!