Chapter 2:Daisies

Chapter 2: Daisies

Alexa opened her eyes. She was laying down, some of her red hair on her face. Her dad was sitting next to her; crying. Nathan was sitting outside with Oliver.

"W-What happened? Where am I?" Alexa asked, confused.

Her dad went to her bedside. He didn't say anything for a moment. But then he spoke.

"You got in a car accident. Luckily someone found you and called the police." His eyes were puffy, and he looked very tired. It looked like he tried to keep his voice calm, but it was cracked and sad.

Alexa tried to get up, but it was too hard, she felt weak.

"Lex, you need rest." Said a voice.

Lucy was there, too. She looked really thankful that Alexa had finally woken up, and looked as if she wanted to hug her really badly.

Alexa's head was throbbing and something clicked through her.

"Where's Mom?" she asked, in a panicked voice.

"Where's Mom?" she repeated when no one answered.

"Lex...y-your mother couldn't survive the c-crash-" John, her dad, answered, and his voice gave away. He started sobbing into his hands.

"What...?" Alexa asked, not able to believe her ears.

"No way. Y-You're joking. You have to be!" she said, looking desperately as Lucy.

"No, Lex. He's not." Said Lucy, starting to cry.

"No...no there's been a mistake. Mum can't have-" But she knew that there couldn't have been a mistake, that they couldn't joke about something so serious, and that her mom wasn't here anymore.

During the next few days that she had to stay in the hospital Lucy would stay with her as much as possible, leaving only at night.

Alexa felt miserable. She wouldn't ever be able to see or hug her mom ever again...

Nathan also came to visit her everyday; he was like a brother to her. He tried to cheer her in every way possible, but nothing worked.

Even Oliver came almost every day, bringing stuff like treats, and once he even brought flowers, blushing furiously.

Her dad was just as heartbroken as her and took a few days off of work to be with her.

When she was finally discharged it was a day before her birthday. Her mom's funeral would also be held on her birthday.

On the morning of her birthday, she wore her Sage green dress and combed her silky red hair.

Lucy was waiting for her outside. Alexa brought some fresh daisies with her and went to the funeral with Lucy. She could see Nathan, Oliver and her dad, who was already there, talking.

"Happy Birthday," Her dad whispered to her, and gave her a smile which she hadn't seen for the past week. Nathan and Oliver wished her a happy birthday, too, and gave her a hug.

Alexa placed the daisies on the casket, and then she was buried. Tears trickled down her face. What was the point of keeping them in? Lucy and Nathan hugged her, while Oliver held her hand, slightly awkwardly. Her dad kissed her on the forehead, and eventually she stopped crying.

She was very sad, looking at her mom's pictures made her feel even more terrible, and she just wanted to go home.

She looked around. The funeral was at the forest near her home. It was beautiful. Her mom would have loved it so much, she thought.

 AN: Hey! Thank you so much for reading my story, I hope you like it!