Chapter 4: The Locket

"Yes, dad?" Alexa asked, coming down the stairs.

"Can you wait here for a sec?" asked her dad.

"Sure." Yawned Alexa. She was feeling quite sleepy but since she loved her dad and didn't want to hurt his feelings, she couldn't refuse.

Her dad went into his and Daisy's room and came back a minute later with a white box.

He gave Alexa the box. "Open it." He said, gently.

Alexa looked at the box. It had Daisy written on it in Silver Ink. She opened the box, and saw a beautiful heart-shaped golden locket.

"It's lovely." she whispered.

"It belonged to your mother. She told me that she wanted to give it to you when you were sixteen..."

Alexa had tears in her eyes. She hugged her dad, who hugged her back.

After they both were a bit better, they smiled at each other.

"Lex, I was thinking that we haven't spent much time together. I was wondering if we could go fishing one day?" He asked, hopefully.

"I would love to dad." Replied Alexa.

"So, tomorrow morning?" he asked, looking pleased.

"Yep! I'll get ready early." Alexa said happily as she went upstairs to her bedroom.

She opened the white box in her room, and held the locket in her hand. She felt warmth spreading from the palm of her hand to her fingertips. She found this quite odd. Do lockets do that? she thought. She decided to wear it. It had a beautiful thin chain, and the heart at the center gave warmth to her chest, too. It gave her happiness, the warmth, but also knowing that this use to be her Mum's. She tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. In the end, she decided that she was too tired to attempt to open it, and went to bed, still wearing the locket.

She fell asleep almost instantly, probably because she was so tired. She had fallen into a deep, deep sleep...

She was running through woods. Alexa couldn't remember this place. But was this even Alexa? There was brown hair coming on her face, and she had red hair. She was wearing a Sage Green dress, with Daisies in her hand. The dress was exactly like the one that Alexa had... She stopped at an area which seemed quite unfamiliar, and yet slightly familiar at the same time. She stopped in front of a tree, and held a locket in front it. A hole appeared at the bottom of the tree, large enough for her to crawl through it. She got to the ground and started to crawl through the hole.

Almost there...she could see light from the other end...just a little more and she could see what's at the other end-

"Morning, Lex." Her dad shook her awake. We were about to go fishing, remember?

It took Alexa a second to realize what her dad had just said.

"Oh right, sorry dad. I'll get ready now." She said.

She got up and got ready, her mind still on that dream.

Who was that girl in my dress, she thought as she wore her bucket hat.

"I mean, it was just a dream...but it seemed so real. That place looked so familiar."

*Author's Note* Hey! I hope you all are doing well! I'm not sure if this story is gonna do well or not, but I can hope :D I really enjoy writing this story so if you like it, please recommend it to others! Also, this is where things in the story start to get interesting! Take care, you are loved!