Chapter 10: Apologies

As soon as Daisy closed her eyes, Alexa opened hers. It took her a minute to recognize everything again. She was being shook by Lucy, and Nathan was talking to someone on the phone. Oliver was pacing around the other side of the room. When Lucy saw her open her, she was thrilled and called out to Nathan and Oliver. "Guys, she woke up! She woke up!" she called out.

Alexa was slightly confused as she looked around. Who were they, and who was Lex? But a moment later, it all came back to her as she sat up.

"H-How are you feeling?" asked Oliver.

"I'm fine. Why are you all looking so tense, though...?"

"We were trying to wake you up, but you weren't responding in any way!" she looked as if she was on the verge of tears.

"I was just on the phone with your dad... we were about to call 911, but you woke up!" said Nathan, who also looked quite shaken as well.

"What do you mean...? I-I was just sleeping..." Alexa was quite confused. If she wasn't responding, does that mean that she actually was in the place...?

"We were really worried." Oliver said quietly, sitting on the bed next to Alexa.

"Guys, I'm not sure what happened. Maybe I just zoned out-?" she wondered aloud.

"Are you feeling okay? Any pain? Feeling sick at all?" Asked Oliver.

"No, Ollie I'm fine." Alexa chuckled "I probably just zoned out or something."

"All right." He smiled "I'm glad you're okay."

They both smiled at each other and then Nathan and Lucy suddenly shot up from the bed.

"We'll make breakfast, right Nathan?" asked Lucy.

"You read my mind." He said as they flew downstairs to the kitchen.

Alexa raised her eyebrows.

"Well, they've always been like that, so no surprise." Oliver grinned.

They both laughed as Oliver also went downstairs and Alexa sat on her bed, thinking about what just happened. Suddenly, she remembered the dream she was having before she woke up. "I don't think these are dreams anymore..." she thought "They seem more like memories. But...I'm still not sure if they really are true. And I can't find out unless I find the box in which dad told me the pictures were kept." She thought. She freshened up, brushed her teeth, took a shower and got ready and headed downstairs. Nathan, Oliver, and Lucy were standing around the table, apparently having a discussion. Alexa stayed near the stairs where they couldn't see her, and kept listening.

"Listen, I know what you think Lucy, but she said she's okay." She could hear Oliver saying.

"Well, that's what she's saying!" Lucy was saying "Of course she wants us to think she's okay, she just doesn't want us to worry. I think we should talk to Mr. Cooper about it."

"Lucy, she said she'd just zoned out. She was probably really tired or something." Nathan said.

"Fine, you side with him, too!" Lucy said, sounding slightly hurt. "I'm just worried about my best friend! Don't act like you don't remember what happened yesterday when you found her crying in the attic, Oliver."

"Look, if something was wrong, she'd probably tell us." Oliver said.

"Look, she's been different lately... and I understand why. It's just that I know something's wrong, and she won't confide in us... I'm just scared that...I-I can't lose my best friend." Her voice cracked and she turned the other side.