Chapter 18: Negotiations

"A dream?" Paya asked running from out of her house. She quickly joined the group and stood awfully close to Sheik.

"Yes," Zelda confirmed. "It was like nothing I had ever experienced before."

"This happened last night?" asked Sheik.

"Yes."

Zelda faced the group.

"I stood alone in a room that was full of blinding light. I tried to see the end but I couldn't. The room seemed to go on forever and ever. I walked down aways, looking for anything out of the ordinary, but found nothing but light. I closed my eyes and felt the warmth it gave me. It felt like I was in the presence of the Goddess herself."

She turned her eyes to the hero.

"I eventually opened my eyes and saw Link in the distance. From what I could see, he looked completely normal. He walked out from the light that engulfed him and up to me. He looked straight ahead and never glanced at me. He all of a sudden started to frantically run. He ran straight past me. I looked to where he was going but saw that the whole back of his body was dark. His hair was gray and clothes were black. He even made dark footprints in the light. I turned back to where he came to see a wave of complete and utter darkness. A wave that looked like it came right from out of the ocean. The darkness splashed off the walls and floor and shot towards the ceiling. I began to run as fast as I could. I tried calling out to Link but when I did, he turned around and motioned his arm towards me. Another wave came from behind him and speedily came after me. The wave kept rolling until I was swept away in an ocean of darkness and hatred."

She made an end of her speaking.

—————

All of the willing members of the Yiga Clan stood in the main room of the hideout. The room had tall square stone pillars that almost reached the ceiling. The members stood in groups and were dressed in their Blademaster and Footsoldier outfits with their duplex bows, demon carvers, vicious sickles, and windcleavers in hand.

Dark Link was coming around to each person and wiping his finger behind their ear, leaving a small amount of malice there. It stung at first contact, but the pain quickly subsided after.

"This will allow me to communicate with you on the battlefield," he said as he dragged his finger across another member's ear. "And you will be able to communicate with me."

"How does that work?" asked a younger boy.

"You see, I've created all the malice in the world, and therefore, it's all connected through me." Dark looked the boy in the eye.

"See?"

The boy took a step back as he heard his voice in his head. Dark smirked and finished putting the malice on the last person. They had a band of about 250 people. That's all they had after Dark killed the "non-believers."

Master Kanto stood at the front of the room, observing what Dark Link was doing. He was also mentally preparing for what was about to commence. Never had the Yiga Clan attempted such an event. Kanto swallowed his fears and stayed stoic.

"Are you ready?" he asked Dark.

"A few more minutes," Dark said, looking at the map that was on a nearby table. He squinted his eyes as they traveled across the page. They followed the roads of Hyrule, past the Great Plateau, and ended at their final destination.

"Group One," he commanded. "Go to Kakariko now. We want to make sure they're as clueless as we think. We will meet you when you give the word."

A group of younger men nodded and quickly left the hideout in a grand puff of smoke.